From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Starting the Day

Message 11 of 15

More of a morning person here, after one or two snoozes from my iPhone chimes. Very relaxing way to ease into the day. Especially important for the winter season, as we keep our temperature set at 60 during the night, 68 during the day. Life is good here in our south central PAwoods. 22A24ED0-7BA2-47C7-BE50-32859C8C5ACB.jpegNatural cedar Christmas tree

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

I used to be the Lion....up and at 'em early.  Things change....I am retired, 15 years now, and I prefer to be the gazelle, but certainly not running.  I take my time getting up and getting started now, and I enjoy it.  No more hustle and bustle for me.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Gee - I've always told people that I wake up like a grizzly bear! The only way I'm like a lion is to growl twice while moving my head, like the MGM Lion before the movie begins. I dislike having to change gears: to get going in the AM, and to wind down and get to bed in the PM. I'd prefer to stay up til 2 or 3 AM, as that's when I'm most awake and most productive. Unfortunately, however, that makes it too hard to get up on day shift and go to appointments, and get to businesses before they close at 5 PM. In between "shift changes," however, I feel like a football player running down the field. Get outta my way when I'm on a mission to get something done, don't block me!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

wilful,

I'm definitely with you.  I've been a "runner" all of my life.  From childhood on, I've had lists of things to do, made plans in advance, had a mission for the day as soon as the sun was up and my feet hit the floor.  Even now that I am much older and nearing retirement with each passing year, I find myself yet living the gazelle/lion analogy.  Still running,  just everyday a bit more slowly.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Starting the Day

Message 15 of 15

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”  Christopher McDougall

My personal make-up is such that I "hit the ground running".  It has been that way all my life.  But, we all not all the same.  In our family of 7 here - I am the only one that  is this way.

How about you?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera