Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your lifehack!

Message 1 of 12
It didn't work for me it burn by wooden spoon.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

What do you do with the cardboard roll that's at the inner end of your toilet tissue? They make good "starter pots" for seeds.

Cut the inside roll from the TP half sidewards (you'll end up with two small tubes).  Make four slits at one end and weave them together.  You can fasten the end with tape if you wish, but remove it before planting into the ground.  Now put some moist potting soil in each little roll, add a seed, and cover the seed with a thin layer of potting soil.  I put them in rows in an old baking pan and put them into the greenhouse until the seeds sprout and the seedlings get big enough to go outside into the ground.  When planting in the ground, open the bottom (taped) end, but leave the seedling in the tube - it's biodegradable and will fall apart on its own, but will protect the plant until the plant is strong enough to stand in the ground on it's own.

Another use for the TP roll is to store extention cords.  For small, thin cords, roll the cord losely around one hand, pull it off your hand keeping the cord rolled, and stuff the rolled cord into the center of the TP roll.  For longer cords, wrap them around the outside of the TP tube. 

The inside roll from paper towels can be cut into 4 pieces and used the same as the TP rolls. Another used for the paper towel rolls is in your silverware drawer in the kitchen.  Do you have long barbeque skewers that roll all over the place.  Tape one end of the paper towel roll, put the skewers into the other end, and they stay together.   Rulers and other long items can also be stored this way. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@mj7105@s166280s

You may want to look up the definition of 'life hack'. It has nothing to do with computer hacking.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

Alas, certain websites invite this. Some of my favorite recipe sites as well as a few customer surveys have triggered the "You have been hacked, call now or click here" message.  Another trouble sign is the slow frame coming into view from the lower right or floating down from the top. Never click on that. Often machine will lock. Cannot control w/my mouse or scan w/my own virus program. Have had to power off from wall switch. Friends have been hacked and I'm on their address list.  Now "hover" over oddly worded messages to check "expanded" name. It turns out not to be my friend but some odd unusual email address. Never click if you have any question.  My life has improved from realizing this.  Prayers and good luck messages are often used to piggyback attacks.  Now send links to Junk and then Block unopened.  Takes several tries for some. Stay away from on-line lotteries or quick money teases. Best, NEVER follow instructions to share prayers, good luck, money lessons, kisses or flowers.  Such is the challenge of computer life.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12
every time I see this kind of post, I wonder what the dryer sheets do to our skin
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Well, will they ever stop?  Once again I had them trying to hack my computer!!  Same as before. They posted "Your Computer has been hacked don't turn your computer off"  this is such a bother.  It isn't like I am a working person, my computer is for fun!!  As I said in my post about getting hacked these are the same ploys as before.  Shut down your computer as fast as you can and never call the phone # they give you!!  Just another way of trying to take our money!!  By the way, Microsoft would never do this...they would shut down your computer and then you will call them if they find out that your computer was hacked.  No notice's at all, they don't work this way!!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Got a pan or kettle that has tough food to get off?  Put a dry fabric softener sheet in the pan, fill with water and wait a short while. Voila!  food comes right off!

Put a wooden spoon across you kettle of boiling water and it won't boil over!  It actually works!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

I slap on strong small neodymium rare earth magnets to my steel tools. Like hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches and small needle nose pliers. To pass on the magnetism to the tool. It then helps to hold in place screws, nails ect so I don’t have to fumble around trying to hold them in place.

As a mechanical hobbyist magnets makes my joy and pleasure in life a little more efficient.  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I do a couple of trips a year that involve air travel. We have 'typical' grey-black luggage that looks like half the other luggage showing up at airport baggage pickup.

Some years ago, I purchased a roll of bright, yellow, duct tape. I put a strip of this tape on all sides of our luggage. I can spot it on the carousel from 50 feet away.

Good idea.. mine is black  : )  definitely need an easy identifier! and duct tape will not break off like a luggage tag.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

DW and I do a couple of trips a year that involve air travel. We have 'typical' grey-black luggage that looks like half the other luggage showing up at airport baggage pickup.

Some years ago, I purchased a roll of bright, yellow, duct tape. I put a strip of this tape on all sides of our luggage. I can spot it on the carousel from 50 feet away.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views