From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your lifehack!

Message 11 of 12

I've turned plastic one gallon vinegar bottles into a localized drip system. Here's how: Punch a couple of small holes into the bottom, go to the plant you wish to water, fill the jug with water, replace the cap, move on to the next plant. Repeat as necessary. If you live in a windy area, put a handful of pea gravel into the jug to keep it in place once the water has drained.

I've also turned plastic one gallon vinegar jugs into feed and soil scoops by cutting away everything that wasn't a scoop. LOL. (Apologies to Michelangelo) 

And I've turned plastic one gallon vinegar bottles into space heaters in the greenhouse. Process: fill the jug with water, set in sunny spot for at least 3 hours. On cold winter nights the water releases heat more slowly than does air, which helps to heat the greenhouse for nuttin but sunshine. 

I've turned lengths of hose into 5-gallon bucket grips. The hose is much nicer on the hands than the small plastic grip that comes with, say, Home Depot buckets. To do this: Disconnect the wire handle; slip a length of hose onto the wire until it reaches the hand grip area. Reattach the wire handle. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Share your lifehack!

Message 12 of 12

Have you ever used a rubberband to stop a door from latching? How you get those tough buttons hooked?.  Share your lifehacks that you have learned along the way.  

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season