Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Message 1 of 6

Wouldn't it be great if he DID have a lot of money in the bank .. and moved it all to another bank, based on their poor attitude?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I can't understand why the bank couldn't have been more helpful in explaining the situation to the main; for God sakes, he's 92!

I've found that over the past 10 years or so, many companies that are service-based have "downsized" their staff, so their "service" is laughable (if it weren't plain infuriating)! Check out the number of check-out lanes there are at various supermarkets .. and how many are actually opened & staffed! Ditto for the number of teller spots built into the bank .. and how few tellers are actually working there!

Last week I went to Lord & Tayor; an upscale department store. They were having a sale (actually their MO seems to be a continuous string of sales). I looked around & tried on clothes for a 1/2 hour. But 15 minutes after the store was open, I couldn't find a single sales associate on one side of the store, to ask about a particular style Levi's jean! Another 15 minutes later, I selected a dress, but the cashier in the dress section wasn't attended. A stock person suggested I go to the next section over to pay, but that woman was checking the till, and suggested I go to yet another area where there might be a sales associate. I got loud & told her I'd wait, and had no intention of wandering all over the store, attempting to pay for a garment!

You are right... why couldn't they take a minute to talk to this man because for all they know he might have more money in his account than the rest of the people in there that day combined and if he had only $5 he is still their customer!!

My dad was hard of hearing because of the war and in his last years he never went anywhere to do business alone.  One of us made sure he was treated well but then how many people have someone to go with them.. sigh   it is such a sad commentary on our society.  in the "olden days"  the tellers knew you, would say good morning Mr or Mrs  so and so and make you feel acknowledged.  Not now.

Well actually my branch in our downtown area is working on service and one of the officers was standing out in the customer area last time I was there observing the service being provided and telling me that I would not have to wait long.  I was surprised.

Macy's in NYC is the same apparently.  You know it is huge and last year there were only a couple of attended cash registers in the women's department and boy it is aggravating.  You are dragging everything around with you and the last time I asked to leave a couple of pieces behind the register, they were gone when I came back.  The best spot was the lounge area around the dressing room LOL.

Service is now a much valued commodity.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I can't understand why the bank couldn't have been more helpful in explaining the situation to the main; for God sakes, he's 92!

I've found that over the past 10 years or so, many companies that are service-based have "downsized" their staff, so their "service" is laughable (if it weren't plain infuriating)! Check out the number of check-out lanes there are at various supermarkets .. and how many are actually opened & staffed! Ditto for the number of teller spots built into the bank .. and how few tellers are actually working there!

Last week I went to Lord & Tayor; an upscale department store. They were having a sale (actually their MO seems to be a continuous string of sales). I looked around & tried on clothes for a 1/2 hour. But 15 minutes after the store was open, I couldn't find a single sales associate on one side of the store, to ask about a particular style Levi's jean! Another 15 minutes later, I selected a dress, but the cashier in the dress section wasn't attended. A stock person suggested I go to the next section over to pay, but that woman was checking the till, and suggested I go to yet another area where there might be a sales associate. I got loud & told her I'd wait, and had no intention of wandering all over the store, attempting to pay for a garment!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

nyadrn wrote:

An officer at the Montebello Police Department is showing the world what compassion and understanding look like after he responded to an incident at a local bank.

http://www.eyeopening.info/2017/10/08/bank-kicks-disturbing-elderly-man-bank-cop-brings-back-get-job...

All I could think about when reading this story is how I would have felt if this was my dad who was treated this way.  What a wonderful way to handle things.  Many thanks to this officer 😍

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

An officer at the Montebello Police Department is showing the world what compassion and understanding look like after he responded to an incident at a local bank.

http://www.eyeopening.info/2017/10/08/bank-kicks-disturbing-elderly-man-bank-cop-brings-back-get-job...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Random Acts of Kindness

Message 6 of 6

They occur every day and often go unnoticed among the rest of the daily news.  

But these acts deserve attention if only to point out that there are plenty of caring and considerate people out there!

❤️❤️

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet