You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Peer Pressure - did it make or mar your future?

Message 21 of 23
I never experienced peer pressure growing up or as an adult because I always believe in just doing me. I was never bothered by what the others were doing or not doing. I grew up in a large family and didn't have time to be anyone but who I am. I teach my children and grandchildren to NOT follow the crowd UNLESS the crowd is running AWAY from trouble, AWAY from a fire, and so forth. I told them to always think for themselves and go with their instincts. If they make a mistake, so what, keep pushing forward and never be anyone other than who GOD created them to be...themselves for we each have gifts to share with the others on Planet Earth, and it's boring to copy one another. JUST DO YOU FOLKS! <3 Smiley Happy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Peer Pressure - did it make or mar your future?

Message 22 of 23

I was never one to follow the crowd or motivated to do this or that based on what others were doing.  I always, well at least as far back as I can remember, had a clear set of goals and objectives for how I wanted my life to go.  And although I saw some of my youthful friends doing things that took their lives in perilous directions, I kept my sails up and moved forward on the currents toward the fulfillment of my life's dreams. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Peer Pressure - did it make or mar your future?

Message 23 of 23

Peer pressure: did it make or mar your future?  Do you remember a great story to share about peer pressure?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies