Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Music

Name one Artist/Band whose music you think the world should love as much as you do? (tough I know, but try to pick just one)

Silver Conversationalist

I listened to some Corb Lund today. His sound is a bit countryish but he tells some really nice stories with his songs. If you've never heard him, give him a shot. Won't cost you nothing but your time and not even a lot of that.

Here's a link to his YouTube channel.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I like listening to the songs listed here and some i've never heard of but are awesome.  Thanks!

Who doesn't love music!

Never Look Down on Anybody...Unless You Are Helping Them Up. 🙂
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This is assuming that Trump thinks??? I'm not a Liberal, but - really?? Trump??
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Sorry - went to wrong place - tying to delete, but it won't!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Michael Monagan- a wonderful singer/songwriter in his 60s:

Rock and R&B:

http://www.monagan.com/restless-2019-listen

http://www.monagan.com/soul-survivor-2017

Soft Rock and Folk:

http://www.monagan.com/echo-2014-listen

Conversationalist

Moonlight Sonata (Adagio) by Beethoven is very beautiful.

Rock?    Jimi Hendrix, Prince

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Johnny Clegg, songwriter, dancer, anthropologist:  who contributed greatly to the world's understanding of Zulu culture and to South Africa's liberation from Apartheid.  

Periodic Contributor

Elvis Presley, may he live on forever.
Honored Social Butterfly

I really miss the music of the 80s.  In particular, I miss Phil Collins and Lionel Richie.  Both were smooth and distinctly unique. 

Periodic Contributor

I think Glen Cambpell should be admired and loved. He had a fantastic voice and was an amazing guitarist and could play banjo and bagpipes as well! He was always my favorite artist.

Periodic Contributor

Earth, Wind and Fire!

Honored Social Butterfly

First pick would have to be The Beatles. They were at the center of my universe during the 60's! So much of their music has stood the test of time. As they turned solo, I have always enjoyed the music of George Harrison; also timeless, often spiritual, always beautiful, that was George.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

For me, The Beatles were the greatest rock-and-roll band ever!  Don't think any other group compares with their innovation or creativity. 

Periodic Contributor

Whenever someone asks me about my favorite musician(s) I say The Moody Blues, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking "well, after the Beatles, of course" because that goes without saying. They are in a class all by themselves. 

Regular Contributor

I love The Moody Blues, too.  I love Justin Hayward's voice and even though I'm not a "poetry" person, was always very moved by Graeme Edge's Late Lament.  When I was in Madison Square Garden hearing them perform "Nights in White Satin" in the 1970's, I felt I was actually in heaven.  LOL

Periodic Contributor

Eric Claopton usually a good all around choice Thanks

Periodic Contributor

Janis Joplin. 

She truly sang from her soul. She's always  #1 in my world! 

I peronally think everyone should like Earth Wind and Fire.  Oldie but good band that had a lot of good music for everyone.

Social Butterfly

The genius of Ray Charles!

Regular Contributor

AC/DC.  They are timeless.  My 30 year old son loves them, my 7 year old grandson loves them.  Bon Scotts back story is intriguing.   Love their music and music history

Regular Contributor

Bob Dylan Great songwriter Vocals well you know!

Periodic Contributor

Without a doubt, the ONLY band that could provide the soundtrack, should my life ever be made into a made for TV movie, is the incomparable Fleetwood Mac.  Throughout the decades of turmoil, love, hits, misses and changes, they've stood the test of time and while not always coming out a shining example of morality on the other side, they've always managed to remain the one constant fixture of musical comfort in my life!  For that, I will be forever greatful !!!

Regular Contributor

Love Stevie Landslide
Trusted Contributor

I really do like. But I really do Love this song and the music and scenery is from  New Orleans . And the name of the song is beautiful beautiful angel and the artists is Bazzi and  Carmella I really hope you guys get a chance to see the music video it’s on You Tube. So pretty please see the music video. From Anne Kimble 

Trusted Contributor

I really do like. But most of all I really do Love this song and the music and sceney from New Orleans. The  name of the song beautiful beautiful angel and the name artist Bazzi and Camila. I hope you guys get a chance to watch music video on YouTube. From Anne Kimble 

Regular Contributor

Since you like the New Orleans sound I would strongly suggest the band called Tuba Skinny on YouTube..  They are pretty awesome.

Periodic Contributor

The grown folks music of Will Downing!

Regular Contributor

Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw

Super Contributor

Anything by Michael Bublé!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP