Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Music

Name one Artist/Band whose music you think the world should love as much as you do? (tough I know, but try to pick just one)

Conversationalist

The timeless band is Chicago. After all, they don't really care what year it is!
Periodic Contributor

One is not enough; here's three can't-miss undersung heroes:  Jennifer Warnes, Jesse Winchester and John Prine.  My list is much longer, but they're at the top.

Periodic Contributor

Moody Blues.

Follow STILLWELL BLUE on Sound Cloud, You Tube, iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify.  Incredible lyrics and music!!!

Periodic Contributor

I have two...one group and one individual. The group is Alabama. I think Randy Owen is terrific.

The indivudual is Yanni!

Regular Contributor

The EAGLES! !! Just saw them at the new Fiserv Forum (new Milwaukee Bucks Arena). My #1 Bucket List event achieved... Lived! When the 2 1/2 hour concert was over, my musician husband and I were emotionally drained-happily! My first comment was "How do you ever top that?" The Eagles are exceptional musicians that meld together in the most glorious way, creating their unique, phenomenal sound. I think they're even better than they were in the 70's - their beginning. Finally... Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Deacon Frey, Vince Gill, Timothy B. Schmit, and Steuart Smith... Thank you for giving me priceless memories of a night I will never forget. 

Regular Contributor

Rhonda Vincent (and the Rage)

Great voice versatile, hard working,

can do any genre,

but being a bluegreass girl is where her heart is

Regular Contributor

Bob Dylan and John Coltrane

Eric Clapton in all his various iterations.   If you enjoy listening to astounding guitar compositions and execution listen to the master. 

Periodic Contributor

Mr Eric Clapton is probably my favorite guitar musician of all time  He is second to none. My preferences in music shift here and there  Currently I enjoy Toto.  Africa is one of my favorite songs currently.  And I believe their music is flexible and  multiple styles are employed.  The quality  of the music is unsurpassed

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Easy, Pink Floyd.

Periodic Contributor

Lorie Line, great piano stylist

The North Country (out of Washington, DC)

Regular Contributor

Gene Watson - best country singer since George Jones!  (just listen to Farewell Party if you don't know who he is.)

Periodic Contributor

Toto is the band I currently enjoy.  "AFRICA"  is a masterpiece.  The vocals are superb.  The instrumentation is  exceptional  The words tell a story.  And the ending is innovative-the fading of instruments is very effective.  There is something about really good music which compels you to listen over and over.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your kind words!  They meant a lot to me!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The no-brainers of all time no-brainers ... Bob Dylan!  fact is there are only 2 types of musicians in the entire world ... (1) Bob Dylan and (2) those that wish they were Bob Dylan.  Peace to all.

Donโ€™t miss the โ€œCivil Warsโ€. I discovered this great duos music while sitting in a coffee shop in Mexico recently. 

Periodic Contributor

So many wonderful, talented people over the years...but...

the world will never forget the great Glenn Miller...his music is timeless.  Just a few notes of "String of Pearls" and we are kids again!

Contributor

Eva Cassidy

Her voice and ability to interpret music are the iconic models for every serious pop and jazz performer.  Her interpretation of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" got the world's attention.  Her limited number of recordings are a treasure.  It's so sad that she was "discovered" after her death.

If you listen to her sing and know her tragic story, you can't help but feel the loss of a great talent.

Contributor

The Beach Boys

Periodic Contributor

I would actually list two bands.

1. Beatles - I grew up listening to the Beatles and love their music.  Let it Be is timeless.

2. Queen - and this is not because of the current movie just relased.  They have great sounds and words.

Contributor

The Beach Boys

Periodic Contributor

David Brombergโ€”if you are into Blues and Folk...he combined the two with a fabulous sense of humor..start with Keep on Drinkin!

Regular Contributor

The one and only Beatles! Iโ€™ve been a fan since late December 1963 at age 8 when I first heard I Want To Hold Your Hand. Going to see Paul McCartney for the 8th time (since 1976) in 2019!

Regular Contributor

My husband agrees!!! 

Periodic Contributor

Jerry Garcia and The Greatful Dead, always loved them, saw them at Woodstock!

Periodic Contributor

More than one:  the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon

Really enjoy listening to Phil Vassar. His concerts are so good! He's personable, talented and cute! 

Regular Contributor

OMG. I agree. Saw him a few years ago. Amazing musician, performer, and just a cool guy. Love his voice. First song I ever heard by him on the radio was Rose Bouquet. I was hooked! 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP