Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Michelle Carter guilty in texting suicide case

Message 11 of 13

"...It it is not only "interesting" in respect to the legality but almost beyond comprehension in respect to her actions....".

As a smart phone Luddite, and one who will only text to get directions or to make plans to meet someone, it's all beyond my comprehension. I am totally unable to understand cyber bullying, people thinking they are 'conversing' via text, or people thinking they are communicating 'feelings' through texting. None of it makes sense to me We have a society full of people who won't talk to one another, but think they are having 'relationships' with people via social media.

To think that someone would react so strongly to words on a device is not understandable to me. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Michelle Carter guilty in texting suicide case

Message 12 of 13

If you have been following this case you know that this is a controversial decision in a strange case.   Michelle Carter, the girlfriend of the 18 year, did nothing to stop him from taking his life, far from it.  Rather she told him to go ahead and do it.    She was nowhere near him and was not physically involved but was talking to him on the phone. 

It it is not only "interesting" in respect to the legality but almost beyond comprehension in respect to her actions.

Any observations?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Michelle Carter guilty in texting suicide case

Message 13 of 13

A Massachusetts woman accused of sending her suicidal boyfriend a barrage of text messages encouraging him to kill himself was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on Friday.

Sobs broke out as a shaken Michelle Carter listened to Judge Lawrence Moniz's decision in Bristol Juvenile Court.

Carter could face up to 20 years in prison in the 2014 suicide of 18-year-old Conrad Roy III. Roy was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in his pickup truck.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/michelle-carter-guilty-involuntary-manslaughter-article-1.325281...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera