Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Locations on the move

Message 1 of 2

In my late 50s I moved to a suburban town on New Jersey's shore, buying a large ranch. It is a beautiful house, but there's a full flight of stairs down to the garage, and this isn't a walkable neighborhood. Now in my mid-60s, I expect that in another 10 years or so, I'd like to move to a walkable community, possibly building a small (not "tiny") ranch on a more urban-sized lot.

I don't see 55+ communities being all that practical, when people no longer like to drive at night, and some would rather not have to drive all that much at all. These developments are always built where land is cheap, and there are no stores or professional services anywhere nearby.

Can't see "tiny" for seniors, where bedrooms tend to be in lofts accessible via a ladder or steep stairs.

@PattiPat3 - What's your current situation, and do you have plans for the future?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Locations on the move

Message 2 of 2

Tiny houses...? Modular houses... ? Prefab houses... ? Senior Friendly Locations...

Better Communities for aging in place...body mind spirit ? climate for the future... ?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors