Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kitchen Cabinets too good to be true?

Message 1 of 3

@kennethh215895  

Hi and welcome to the online community.

I'm not Chicken Little, so don't tend to label things as fraud without checking and I don't tend to run from things because they are new, either. And I like saving money. Smiley Happy So: I took a few minutes to look into this online company and didn't find either a BBB mention (or membership) nor any customer complaints. Hm. As you are aware, their website appears legit. That doen't make them so, of course.

They do offer a lifetime warranty. (which is useless if they are fraudsters, of course)  So I wonder if you couldn't ask them to connect you to a few customers in your area that you might verify the quality of their customer service and product. Be upfront: tell them you are skittish because there appears not to be a physical address, no connection to the BBB or any way to hold them accountable. If they are fraudsters, their answers to these kinds of questions will almost certainly make that clear.

I say Buyer Be Wise. And if you don't get the kinds of answers from them that you need, go elsewhere. And think about asking the BBB to look into the company.

Best wishes.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kitchen Cabinets too good to be true?

Message 2 of 3

@kennethh215895 wrote:

They say the cabinets are made in the USA but, they were $9,478 and home depot was $12,764. That's a huge difference. They say it's because they have low overhead, but I'm not sure. They'll ship here to key west for free and I thought they had a local showroom but can't find it. I could really use some insight on this. Thoughts? 

Hey @kennethh215895,

Looks like you are new....welcome.

Let's see. They are 26% less than a major big box store that buys in vast quantities, they ship free, and you can't find them.

I believe the title of your post answered your own question. When something sounds too good to be true; it usually isn't true.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Kitchen Cabinets too good to be true?

Message 3 of 3

I just received an amazing quote on cabinets from ContractorKitchens.com. Has Anyone heard of them? They say the cabinets are made in the USA but, they were $9,478 and home depot was $12,764. That's a huge difference. They say it's because they have low overhead, but I'm not sure. They'll ship here to key west for free and I thought they had a local showroom but can't find it. I could really use some insight on this. Thoughts? 

Kudos
Views
Replies