Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keeping a positive attitude about aging

Message 31 of 32

I guess I don't understand 'fear'. I accept that sooner or later, I'm going to feel the effects of aging far more than I do now. So, my attitude is that I try to enjoy myself now --- planning activities, trips. DW and I also work out daily, stay quite fit, and are able to continue to enjoy outdoor activities as hiking, biking, gardening. Are you staying physically fit?

"Serious" exercise helps you keep a positive attitude, along with healthy eating, good sleep habits, keeping excess weight off, etc. I guess as long as I feel good, I don't dwell on the negative.   

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Keeping a positive attitude about aging

Message 32 of 32

Hi!  I am usually a happy go lucky person but in retirement I find myself getting scared of what might happen as I age and that fear robs me of enjoying my present.   I am looking for suggestions, ideas, and advice on how other people handle this.  Thanks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet