Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Just One More Reason Not To Mess With Old People

Message 1 of 5
Here's another: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/texas-woman-shoots-kills-home-intruder.html " A 60-year-old Texas woman wasn't taking any chances Monday morning when she heard two intruders enter her home, grabbing her pistol and shooting one of the would-be thieves dead, police said. "It's the state of Texas. If you're going to go into someone's home, you're going to get shot," (Cathy) Hanks (a neighbor) said. " You damned sure don't mess with old people in Texas.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@Soosie wrote:
So that was YOU in front of me!!!!!

Yes, and you must get that little horn fixed!

Soosie

I am so old now that I don't give a TOOT how BIG or LITTLE my horn is anymore.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Yes, and you must get that little horn fixed!

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Just One More Reason Not To Mess With Old People

Message 5 of 5

I went to N. C. to visit my son who has been sick.  I wanted to help him out some while he is on the mend, so I made a list of things he needed from the grocery store.  

Since I have not lived in that area for some time, I don't remember where everything is.  I didn't see the store on the right in time to quickly put on a signal and turn, so I went some distance and put the left signal on.  I planned to turn and back track to the store.

Behind me was a car like a hemoriod (sp) in my tailpipe.  Then, with a horn that sounded like it was not yet full grown, I heard, "Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep."  I rolled on a bit with the blinker on.  Again, the runt sounding horn.  SO, I just sat there for a bit, giving the horn time to grow to adult-hood.  The owner of that horn was lucky I didn't fake a heart attack  After some time, I turned, patted myself on the back and felt like I won that one.  We old people have creative minds.

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera