Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: It's never too late!

Message 1 of 7

@n566192lwrote:

WELL AFTER FINISHING 4 CLASSES AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF GARDEN ING, I STARTED A COMMUNITY GARDEN. JUST A PLACE WHERE RESIDENTS CAN GROW, SHARE , HELP OTHERS. SOME LOCAL VETERANS SHOWED OFF THEIR WOOD CARVING SKILLS. HAND CRAFTED SIGNS AND GARDEN FIGURES HELP TO BRIGHTEN UP THE GARDEN. WHEN THE VEGETABLES HAVE GROWN, I AM HAVING A COMMUNITY SHARE AND WEEKLY MEAL. NANCY

@n566192l  This is pure genious. Awesome endeavor! Many blessings upon you and your community garden.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

WELL AFTER FINISHING 4 CLASSES AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF GARDEN ING, I STARTED A COMMUNITY GARDEN. JUST A PLACE WHERE RESIDENTS CAN GROW, SHARE , HELP OTHERS. SOME LOCAL VETERANS SHOWED OFF THEIR WOOD CARVING SKILLS. HAND CRAFTED SIGNS AND GARDEN FIGURES HELP TO BRIGHTEN UP THE GARDEN. WHEN THE VEGETABLES HAVE GROWN, I AM HAVING A COMMUNITY SHARE AND WEEKLY MEAL. NANCY

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
Congratulations! You're an inspiration to those who think they're "too old" or "too busy" or "too __________ (fill in the blanks). Keep it up and keep earning those gold medals ( and let us hear about them so we can cheer you on!).

Thanks!

I'm nothing special, not really. The only thing about me is this: I keep showing up. I don't stop. If I can do that, others can as well. Smiley Happy

Hats off to all those looking to improve themselves and their lives! (This includes you and your recent degree, @ip3285!)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7
@Epster: Congratulations! You're an inspiration to those who think they're "too old" or "too busy" or "too __________ (fill in the blanks). Keep it up and keep earning those gold medals ( and let us hear about them so we can cheer you on!).
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I took up serious cycling in 2015. I've competed at the Senior Games in Utah, South Dakota and Nebraska and have earned 11 gold medals. This year I'm going for nine additional golds.

I'm more fit now than I have ever been.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

I've submitted this before under a different question, but it's appropriate here.  My "never too late" achievement came recently, but it took over 8 years to accomplish.  First I got a Bachelor's Degree in Natural Health, and then a Master's Degree in Herbology.  Finally, on March  9, 2018, at 78 years of age, I earned my PhD in Pharmacognosy (the branch of knowledge concerned with medicinal drugs obtained from plants or other natural sources.)   Now I'm trying to figure out what to do next!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

It's never too late!

Message 7 of 7

Check out this great video by AARP where Melissa McCarthy talks about how it is never too late to go for something you want!  What is something you have achieved?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season