Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: I Wish I Could....be confident

Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

I often see people that just seem so confident with themselves.  I try to be a CONFIDENT woman.  But I am not that way, I find little things to pick away at myself.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: I Wish I Could....

Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

I wish I could play piano and violin.  I am a great lover of music of all genres, (my iPod is an eclectic combination...something for every occasion) but I have a special affinity for symphony music.  I was the oldest child in a family of six and one musical instrument, much less two and lessons for both, was really stretching the budget.  My mother was not in good health so chauffeuring all of us to sports practice and lessons was spotty at best.

I am a great fan of Joshua Bell.  He's such a joy to watch in performance.  Diana Krall is a wonderful jazz pianist & singer.  I have a lot of favorite pianists.   ;o)

I've sublimated my desires by becoming a regular concert-goer, art afficianado and play attender.  I've now got severe arthritis in my neck and hands, so I would probably have not had a long career of music-making if it had actually been in the cards for me.

I developed other skills and creative hobbies, so I contented myself with those and only occasionally feel wistful that I never had special music lessons.

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Treasured Social Butterfly

I Wish I Could....

Message 3 of 3 (257 Views)

How many times have you thought about doing something, or have seen someone doing something that looked like fun and found yourself saying.."I Wish I Could ____________"?

So fill in the blank.  What do you wish you could do and are you making plans to try or learn etc?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith