From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you take care of the environment?

Message 11 of 36

I filter my water with a reverse osmosis water filter. I don't buy single use water bottles.I always carry a stainless steel thermos of water when I leave the house. I always bring my own reusable bags into the grocery store and other retail stores. I use beeswax cloth to cover dishes/ glasses i put in refrigerator. i have a dozen sealable non BPH plastic containers for storing food. I don't accept plastic toothbrushes from my dentist. I recycle the plastic containers my herbs come in back to Lowes hardware. They recycle those containers. I refuse straws at all restaurants and thank restaurants that don't provide them unless asked. I don't use fragrance as it is toxic to our environment and bodies. I teach workshops on how to save the environment. I don't use roundup. i use synthetic oil in my car instead of the mineral oil which is a waste to our environment. I support local farmers markets and organic foods. I take all packing material to the local parcel plus store thus helping them provide 25% of their packing from recycled packing material.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 36

I take and tie a knot in all plastic bags especially grocery store ones so animals don't get caught in them.  I love recycling in our city as well. We have solar for electricity.  We buy efficient appliances when need to be replaced.   We use all LED bulbs inside and outside home.  I also cut up any plastic rings on packaging. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 36

We live at the beach in Oregon. Dog bag in hand as i walk the beach with Kai, our springer spaniel. Also an extra larger bag for human debris, plastics, cups, and such. Unusually i am not finding too much. Our community has beach clean up days. 

We burn our paper to reduce landfill junk. Although i wonder what burning smoke does to the environment. We recycle glass and plastic, giving these to someone that will turn them in for cash.

Because of my daughters  i put recycled shopping bags ready to go in the car to use at the grocery store. They are showing me other ways such as bamboo tooth brushes. One told me she has never felt her teeth so clean. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 36

I have recycled long before it was mandatory in  many cities packing up the cans,paper,cardboard etc and taking it to the local parks where they had blue dumpsters marked separately for each item. I also post on my FB page that people should recycle everything...even their prescription medicine bottles which oddly enough the pharmacies wont take back and recycle.I try to keep my carbon footprint at a very minimal using my own shopping bags and not buying water in individual bottles. I want to leave mother earth a better place for my grandchildren

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 36

yes, thank you

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you take care of the environment?cleanup after ur selves

Message 16 of 36

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

Do you recycle? Compost? Turn off lights when not in use? Take public transportation? Plant trees? Something else?

Tell us how you conserve Earth's resources and help protect the planet.keep it clean and watered every day donna.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 36
no using bad cursive wordsi game rooms
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 36

Environmental protection is a major part of humen life, If we shall not be wake up, so one day shall give a deep sleep becouse the pollution would be a gaint demon.

Posted By

ThatsPersonal

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 36

I recycle bottles and cardboard..

Shut off lights and TVs when not being used / not in that room.

Don't liter

Don't pollute our waters whether its throwing trash into lakes/ponds/oceans and don't flush anything down my toilet that I don't what any fish to get...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 36

I took up beekeeping!  Our precious pollinators need all the help they can get!  I encourage others about the dangers of pesticides, etc.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season