Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you know it's spring?

Message 11 of 15

Redbuds!  (Here in Lexington, KY) 2019-04-11-0001.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

The trees start to bud and burst with leaves fairly quickly here in SoCal, even this year which was colder for us than most other years. There is a green house across the street from me that I could see quite clearly last week, but this week it is almost completely hidden by all of the foliage surrounding it. If I didn't know it was spring, all I'd have to do is look at that house and the foliage would tell the tale.

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

The birds. I'm in Chicago area and it remains cold (most days) and some snow is still around. But the Redwing Blackbirds and Robins have shown up. Good enough for now..............

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

Ahhh Vicki - I gotta tell you - Here in SoCal, it's pretty much Spring all the time except for our real long hot summers.  But - this year - it's different.  We had an 8 year Drought - which has just ended!!!Smiley Happy  We have had lotsa rain in the past few months.  Our reaction to rain is the opposite of that in most of the rest of the country.    Keep in mind that we've just gone 8 years with very, very little rain - so when we get some - we are ecstatic; we laugh and smile - and some of us run out in it.  Now - our usually brown hills are green and busting out with wild flowers.  It's gorgeous!

The California Poppy is our State Flower - and the hills are now covered with them!!  There is a long stretch of Interstate 15, here in Riverside County,  near Lake Elsinore, that has miles and miles of the orange poppies blooming like crazy!  If you google Lake Elsinore CA poppy - many links will pop up.

I'm soo grateful that we have had all this life-saving rain.

It's Spring - soo - Baby - let the good times roll!!!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you know it's spring?

Message 15 of 15

What are the first signs of spring that you notice? What do you look forward to every year? Flowers blooming? Birds signing? Snow melting? Something else?

Share with us here along with any photos that remind you that spring has arrived.

Flowers.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors