Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you know it's spring?

Message 1 of 15

How do I know it's Spring?

Well, my eyes are itchy.  My nose is, at the same time, runny and congested. And from time to time, my coughing fits turn up a for real fur ball!  All these tell me it's Spring and allergy season.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

In Texas it's not unusual for early-budding trees, like the ash, to get their young, tender leaves frozen back by a late freeze.  Wisdom I learned from my grandfather is that it's really spring when the buds on pecan trees are as big as a squirrel's ear.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@jl8813 wrote:

I live in the southwest desert. My sign of spring, even though we don't have much winter here, is when our desert box turtles emerge from the hybernation spots they chose in various places in our yard. They usually show up on the same day...so if I spot one, I look for the other 7. This year, somehow they all got the memo to come to my back porch area at once! We've had them for over 20 years now and they are awesome little critters with different personalities.

@jl8813 

Oh my that's awesome what a wonderful thing

I know when I lived at beach I enjoyed seeing Sea Turtles come to beach lay nests and watching babies hatch & was fascinated by learning babies return as adults to same beach their born

Also watching family of deer each year leaving my place for day and returning in evening

BUT WOW your having your own Box Turtles living in your yard 20 years that's just awesome

Thanks for sharing that... its amazing had no idea they would connect in such a way.... Enjoy your spring in the desert.... reckon we are all blessed by the changes of seasons happening in our areas each are unique 

Have a beautiful day!

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

I live in the southwest desert. My sign of spring, even though we don't have much winter here, is when our desert box turtles emerge from the hybernation spots they chose in various places in our yard. They usually show up on the same day...so if I spot one, I look for the other 7. This year, somehow they all got the memo to come to my back porch area at once! We've had them for over 20 years now and they are awesome little critters with different personalities.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

My orange and lemon trees are blooming flowers!  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@wilful 

That's awesome

Maybe fires be less

Enjoy rain I love to sit in it does wonders for your hair

Happy Spring !

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

I know cause Yellow Tree Pollen & others have been covering my car and porch bad & heavy .... along with feeling yucky ..... seems alot worse this year20190411_163855.jpgWhat a mess yellow pollen on car then been in long time 

Grass is growing already been cut and its April Month of lots of family birthdays meaning soon I'll enjoy blooming of Dogwood trees Yippee 

Enjoy everyone 

Ginger : ) 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

Baseball begins!  ⚾️

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

I know it's spring by the peep frogs and the buds on the tree, but mostly because I actually want to go outside. Here's a pic from yesterday, a wonderful spring day for a walk.Spring Walk 2.jpg

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Of course the first sign of Spring here is seeing a robin and I have seen my first one.  The poor bird looked as if he thought he arrived too early!  The grass has gone from brown to green but now we have a bit of snow cover and possibly more to come!    The trees are far from sprouting any leaves yet, much less the fruit trees flowering.  Haven't seen any daffodils or other early spring flowers.  Spring is here on the calendar but not yet outside!

Kudos
Views