Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How are you ringing in the new year?

Retired Community Manager

How are you ringing in the new year?

Do you go out to celebrate or stay in? Do you celebrate with family? friends? significant other? just yourself? What are your plans for this year?

Periodic Contributor

Got the snacks. Got the wine. In my jammies in front of television binging on The Crown and then Ms Maiselle on Prime. I am off 2 weeks. Got the house projects done. Doing nothing but television until next Monday. A do nothing 5 days before I go back to work.

Regular Contributor

Binge watched Mrs. M last winter and recently did season three.  Enjoy!   Happy New Year!!

Regular Contributor

having unsalted crackers with lactose-free cheddar cheese & ice water. Then going to beat the bottom of the olde pots& pans outside the backdoor & yell happy New Year!!!. Go to bed I  have to work the next day. Wild Time tonight.

Regular Contributor

Sounds as exciting as my evening.  LOL  

Regular Contributor

I watch the ball drop at 9:00PM, pacific time, and go to bed! What else?

Contributor

I'm 60 and I just stay home in bed and watch the ball drop or sleep . Not physically  able to get out and do much for to long so I just don't bother.  

Contributor

i know the feeling

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Same 'exciting' thing every year:  We go to bed at our usual time after tucking in our chickens, goats, and dogs (only dogs are inside the house with us, in case you're wondering).  Before getting into bed I put a 'noiseless noisemaker" on the nightstand at each side of the bed.  At midnight my paramedic son, who's normally out and about, calls and says "Happy New Year".  I wish him the same and we hang up.  Then my husband and I grab our noisemakers, blow them, put them back on the nightstands, and go back to sleep.  Happy New Year everyone!

Periodic Contributor

simple i'm 66 and will do what i normally do go to sleep before new year starts

Periodic Contributor

will have small bottle of champage before going to sleep

Contributor

I will be attending New Year's Eve service with friends at Calvary Church in Ft. Lauderdale Fl

Regular Contributor

I have had invites to go out but I think I shall spend time with the neighbor across the street.  She said she was going to pick up a pizza after work, come home, put on PJs and watch movies.  I said I be happy to do so with her, so I think that this is how I shall spend the last night of the year.

Super Contributor

I stay home and watch the New York New Year Celebration with Ryan Seacrest or whomever will be the emcee this year.
Contributor

i turn new york ball dropping twice . one for ny and again when it turns midnite here in stixville.i say a prayer too. begging for sweet relief that going to my paradise will bring. ....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP