Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do You View Old Age And Getting Older?

Message 11 of 38
Just live the day and stop thinking of how quickly you will get worse. Just do what you need to do to take care of yourself and Live. If I thought about how quickly I could be dead by anyone of many conditions I would be dead. Live, laugh, love, enjoy now, be simple.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38
I have gotten a large number of posts in response to my two and I love them!

There are so many wonderful and beautiful people out there who do great things. Full of energy and zesr, humour, ideas. I Love it!

You go! Thanks everyone!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

I have been seeing doctors for all of my life as far as I recall. I was born with birth defects, got Lukemeina when young and for many reasons since.

I truly believe that I have to take of myself Daly. When I was told I had dibetics I reworked a good diet into a better one and now much sugar is 5.3. Early action is required. Never fear the truth, it enpowers you.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38
You go girl! Sounds like you have a handle on how to go forward with dignity and love!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

I am 64 about to be 65 next month. I cried all day on myy 18th b-day because I did not want to be 18. That was the last time I thought about age. I have had a series of health issues that made be take notice. I am borderline diabetic which when I heard that from my doctor sent me in the state of Hell No!! So I jumped into action changing my diet and exercising. So since then more health issues have come and I said to myself, self what do you want to do? So, I decided to keep moving forward because nothing is over until it's over. I am taking swimming lesson, I have 3 dance classes, I have joined a networking group and there is more to come. Lesson learned ...you can focus on the bad or energize the good. Age is nothing but a number, your mindset determines how you proceed, pity parties will keep you in one place........keep moving forward....Woman Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38

Health problems can be bad.  I had a hip surgery on just one side and have had pain daily since then.  I also have Raynauds in my hands and feet, so poor circulation is something I am familiar with.  You need to get help.  Go to your doctor, senior citizens center and anywhere else that might listen to what is going on.  We have to push every day to be our own health care advocate.  I exercise and yes it really hurts when I do.  I know, however, if I don't use it I may get to a point that I can't use it.  Never give up and best of luck to you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

I waited until I was 56 and used to beat myself up for it.  At least you quit.  The more time passes, the better your chances of not getting any type of illness from it.  It has been almost 10 years for me, but I hear that 15 is the majic number.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

In my first post I talked about about my life. I told of the loses of my job, home, wife etc Even the health was made worse.

I should note that I have served this Country since 1970. It has been a great honour to do so. Yet, this is not the Country or World I had hoped for. 

My message was to get into action but keeping the pressure on those we elect to

do the right thing and put the people first. We made a great country, it is time to do so again. 

Age is a number, all I have gone through made me a better person. I always gave back and helped many people over the years. 

As we age I think it so important that we remember and ring back the spirit if our outh and help make this Country great. We did it once, we can do it again. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

In year 2014 i was working at a resort in Minnesota  was 55 at the time....as it  turns out it was to be my very last job as a chef....as summer rolled along pains my lower back and feet lower legs were crippling me....so I came back to Chicago to get checked out...first I learned I had spinal stenosis,arthritis  of my lower spine and my knees....then I found out had sever neuropathy  of lower legs and feet...and in 2018 things have gotten worse....so as I turn 60 soon I sit and wonder how fast all of this will provress

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

I don't care about getting older.  Numbers don't scare me! (unless it's math, math scares me) Sometimes when I'm asked my age, when I say it out loud it surprises me!  When I was young I never thought I would get this old or at least I wouldn't get this age this fast!  By the way, I'm 67.  And as others have said each day is a gift and I look at it that way always, and am so grateful for all the blessings God has given me.

Kudos
Views