From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you attended or considered adult summer camp?

Message 21 of 33

When I was 57, a friend and I came upon a sign near a dirt road in a wooded area with the name of a Girl Scout camp that it turns out we both had attended when we were kids.  Neither of us knew it was there because we had no idea exactly where we went on these trips when we were kids.  Back then it seemed to take so long to get there that we thought we were out of state when in actuality, we were only an hour away from home!  So, we drove down the dirt road right into the camp, which wasn't open at the time but the gate was open because workers were working on the swimming pool and grounds.  We were on a photography trip that day and the workers told us to feel free to roam all the camp areas, check out the unlocked camp buldings and the lake, and take all the pictures we wanted.  We really enjoyed ourselves as we each tried to figure out which of the many camping areas our particular troops may have actually camped in.  It reminded me so much of the Haley Mills movie Parent Trap that I loved as a child and watched over and over!

The idea of an adult summer camp is very appealing, but not sure how much of the outdoor elements I could take now.  I was very resilient as a kid, but can't take the extreme heat and humidity of the deep south like I could when I was younger.  But I would enjoy indoor activities!  : )

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 33

I went to a singles ranch in Michigan in my 20s and had so much fun. Horseback riding, canoeing, crafts, swimming, night time entertainment, all night parties, campfires. Would like to revisit that time!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 33

I would jump at the chance! If they had vegan low sodium food (WFPB) and daily exercise activities.... then a particular skill focus such as computer software skills, ice skating, tap dancing, ballroom dancing (intensive, multi-level, serious instruction). Then evening camp fires with skits as we used to have at Camp Carroll in Hershey,Penn for serious ice skaters!

I have been suggesting this to Apple for a decade. In 2-4 weeks of day and night computer talk we could catch up on the skills our children got through osmosis!IMG_3196 1.JPGSanta Rosa, Ca Snoopy's ice rink. Still skating at 68.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 33

Went several times as a Girl Scout and school events.  I would go in a heartbeat!  Yoga, hiking, paddle boards, canoeing......would love it!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 33

If it includes lots of flying in light aircraft, that would be the camp for me!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 33

I used to camp out kind of regular.  Would do weekend rafting trips.  For now, I want my Serta.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 33

I didn't know they had such things, but I would certainly go!  I have many fond memories of my girlscout camp experiences & also with my daughters troop.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 33

Where do I sign up!!!   Never been to adult summer camp but I think I would really like it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 33

Yes I would LOVE to attend a summer camp for adults.

I would also LOVE TO work at a camp for adults.

Working at camp in my 20's was fabulous. I worked as a unit manger planning activities.

I have always thought a camp for a adults who could bring their dogs would be great too!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 33

Never heard of such a thing. YIKES! Not my cup of tea/coffee even if I was able to move well.Cat Tongue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season