Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Grey hair - embrace it or dye it?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Grey hair - embrace it or dye it?

When do you decide to let it go grey?  There is a new trend for a grey ombre for younger people, which is funny since we all avoid the grey as we age.  When did you stop coloring or will you ever stop?

Share your story.

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 - Last August - the day right after my birthday & only 2 days after being at the hair salon - I got an e-mail from them that my stylist of 9 years had left the salon! She'd gotten more & more involved as an educator traveling all over the country doing training for a product line the salon featured .. until they switched brands a couple of years ago. She had reached a level where the product company expected her to work in a salon that featured their products, so she had to change salons! I was lucky that we were friends on Facebook, and I reached out to her for a replacement recommendation. The salon was very nice in offering me 50% off all services, for the rest of 2017, if I stayed with them .. can't turn that down! I like the new woman too.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

I began to turn gray in my 30s, and dyed my hair a slightly redder color for the next 20 years.

I stopped coloring it a few years into my fifties. I'm now snow white except for a bit of reddish-chestnut colored hair at the nape of my neck (which shows up nicely when I wear a braid.) My hair is halfway down my back, and naturally curly, though I often take the curl out.

I'm 58 and loving my gray. Aside from those chalk sticks one uses to temporarily color their hair blue, et cetera, I'll never color my hair again.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP