Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Friday the 13th and Other Superstitions

Message 1 of 4

Congratulations on being "ridiculously healthy"! (Love that!)

Sounds like a good day. Glad you have your own spin on what the day means to you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

My Friday the 13th turned out to be a lucky day. We had high winds all day, but none of our trees were damaged. Neither was the greenhouse. (Go baby plants! Keep growing!) Plus DH and I both received good health news (we're ridiculously healthy). Also, a brewing issue between me and a friend was easily diffused. Annnd: I happened into the local Pearle Vision store (30% off for AARP members!) to finally order the new glasses I'd been slow to get to, but due to the wind was wearing a hat instead of wild hair ... a bit of luck that helped me see what DH was saying about the frames with which I'd fallen in love: they overpower my face. (Really I should just trust that man's aesthetics by now, shouldn't I? Yes, yes I should. Duh me. Smiley Happy)

Plus I went to bed early and caught up on sleep. Totes lucky day for me. Smiley Happy  No black cats, no ladders, no broken mirrors or other mishaps.  So for now on, I'm calling Friday the 13th my lucky day. I guess I am superstitious. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

What fun to re-learn the origins of these superstitions! Smiley Happy

I'm not superstitious, but when I do cross paths with a black cat, or step under a ladder, or open an umbrella in the house, or break a mirror, or whatever, I admit I do think of the superstition. And then I forget and go do something else, see. Smiley Happy

Friday the 13th has not been an unlucky day for me in the past. Hopefully it will not be this week, either.

I found this video detailing 25 of the world's favorite superstitions:

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Friday the 13th and Other Superstitions

Message 4 of 4

Are you superstitious? What do you do/avoid because of the potential for bad luck? 

Find out about how some of our most well-known superstitions started here. Which ones of these do you believe in?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors