From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Food Delivery Robot Concerns

Message 21 of 51

Sure! This is another example of technology replacing workers. We will soon have autonomous delivery vehicles, taxi's, limo's, trucks, buses, trains, etc. England is already using air & ground drones to deliver pizzas.

Get with the program! Artificial intelligence, robots, autonomous vehicles, commercial aircraft converted to drones will replace half of the workforce within the next 20 years. 

We will soon be greeted at a restaurant, grocery, and retail store by a humanoid. SciFi is becoming reality.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 51

I think the autonomous vehicles will make the roads much safer when the system is completed. No more speeders, drunk drivers, distracted texting drivers. We can go to Mars without a driver and planes are on autopilot for most of a trip, so why not a driverless car?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 51

One tech job replaces 50 former jobs. The math doesn't add up!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 51

@l133304f wrote:

I remember "In the Year 2525"; I was 9 years old so it didn't make sense to me then.  This "virtual reality" age we are headed into makes no sense to me now.  Why would anyone want to sit inside and live life through a machine, pretending like it's reality.  I won't get involved with virtual reality, ever, even if it appears to be "perfect" (whatever perfect is).

As far as cars that drive themselves, no thank you.  I don't trust the self driving cars, too much room for technical/mechanical error.  The human drivers on the road are bad enough, I'm not driving next to a "robot", even if they are delivering so-called food.

I don't know..  driverless cars will be safer than many of the drivers in the cars now. : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 51

@rgar102181 wrote:

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, *** WHERE, WHERE, WHERE ??

Plenty of jobs in the tech world... repairing and maintaining the robots.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 51

I remember "In the Year 2525"; I was 9 years old so it didn't make sense to me then.  This "virtual reality" age we are headed into makes no sense to me now.  Why would anyone want to sit inside and live life through a machine, pretending like it's reality.  I won't get involved with virtual reality, ever, even if it appears to be "perfect" (whatever perfect is).

As far as cars that drive themselves, no thank you.  I don't trust the self driving cars, too much room for technical/mechanical error.  The human drivers on the road are bad enough, I'm not driving next to a "robot", even if they are delivering so-called food.

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 51

Remember this song?  "In the Year 2525" a 1969 hit song by the American pop-rock duo of Zager and Evans.

rannie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 51

@rgar102181 wrote:

@rgar102181 - Can you explain the connection between your post, and the topic of "Robot Food Delivery"?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 51

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 51

Robots are the future.  Next, one will feed you the food it brings.  Where will it all end?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season