Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Food Delivery Robot Concerns

Message 1 of 51

@l133304f - When a highway has 4+ lanes, there's plenty of room for drivers wanting to do the speed limit, as well as a left lane or two for drivers who all want to drive faster. Considering that in other countries & some states, the speed limits are much higher than 65 (or don't exist), it's not a matter of safety if people drive faster, but remain curteous & out-of-the-way.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 51

We have that now, free time.  People should go back to doing things, it was healthier.  Even if it means something might take 5 minutes longer (God forbid!).

It's a world of impatient, selfish idiots now!  And personally, I'm happy to not be a 20 year old in this type of world.

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 51

Imagine cars communicating with other cars and people not communicating with other people.  Hmmmm.....   Doesn't take much imagination, does it?

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 51
What's funny is you wind up at James bar in the end. Computers mix things up sometimes. Ah, technology.
Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 51

They will electronically control everything, until a loss of electric power of course.  I hope it never gets there, it will be a major disaster.  If we rely on cars driving themselves, people may forget how to drive.  When the power is out (and it will go out) it will be either mass confusion, or nobody will go anywhere.  

Similar to the computer cash registers in the stores.  When the power goes out, nobody can buy anything/make a sale and everyone just goes home.  Shutdown of the store, and loss of intelligence for the people who can't make change or do anything without computers.

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 51

Sorry about the duplication.  I did this since I don't see how to delete one.

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 51

Too many drivers speed over 65 mph (a reasonable limit for a highway), and they are the PITA!!!  I'm sick and tired of the entitlement issue that causes one to think it's okay to drive 75 - 80 mph (10 to 15 mph over the speed limit by the way).

I love it when a car passes me because I'm obeying the law, only for us both to get stopped at the same red light.  I look over at them and laugh.  Usually they won't look back.  I wonder why not?

Linda Forgiarini
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 51

Personally  I cannot wait to see it!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 51

There are GPS systems that were developed around 20 years ago that can be loaded on a laptop computer. It has a GPS [Global Positioning Satelite] receiver that plugs into an USB port. The GPS pinpoints the position of the receiver on the map. You can then type in any address in the country and the software will calculate a route from your GPS location to the address where you are going. The systems have audio and vidio directions that will guide you to where you are going. The GPS also shows your speed, the distance to your next turn, and your final location. Some units will show how many feet above "sea level" you are, and they will also calculate the driving time in hours & minutes. 

Rand McNally, DeLorme, PC Miler, are a few of the companies who have this technology available.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 51

@rgar102181 - I don't know anyone in NJ who drives the speed limit on the highways, and having a car drive 65 when everyone drives 75 - 80, would be a real PITA!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors