Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fondest Childhood Memories?

Message 71 of 71

What are your fondest childhood memories doing things with parents or other family members?

I thought of this topic the other day, when a friend asked how I fell in love with opera. My Mom loved music & theater, and she took me to the opera, ballet & Broadway shows regularly. Her company did work for the Metropolitan Opera House (old one) in Manhattan, and we'd get good seats up front. Mom always teased me about an incident at the ballet, when we had seats in the 1st box, and I asked in that little kid voice, "Why does that man have make-up on?" .. and she was sure they heard it on stage! Smiley Happy She also had a friend who sang with a local opera company, at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and we got to go backstage during intermission of "Aida"; I was shocked that without the wig, Ethiopian princess Aida had flaming red hair!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors