Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: First car

Message 61 of 176

@JeanieD0625 wrote:

A 1963 Corvair convertible...Of course it was used when I bought it but I loved it!

I had a Corvair too.  It might have been a '63 but not a convertible.  I bought it from a girl at work who had heard all the bad things being said about them.  I was tired of driving the big Pontiac that I'd gotten from my father that was also a gas guzzler (even though gas was really cheap compared to now) but I wanted a little car.  I loved that little car and drove it until 1975 when it developed a leak inside the car and when it rained the floor board got wet.  One winter morning the water froze and I slipped getting into the car.  The mechanic was unable to find the leak and I had to face it was time to get another car.  I would have gotten another Corvair if they had still made them.  Instead I got a Vega which was a BIG mistake.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 176

Camaros also

@BlueSky90 wrote:

Just looked at some new Mustangs.  Sticker shock!  $42K for a Mustang?  I couldn't get over it!  Love the car but I can buy a lot of new, better and safer cars for that price. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 176

Just looked at some new Mustangs.  Sticker shock!  $42K for a Mustang?  I couldn't get over it!  Love the car but I can buy a lot of new, better and safer cars for that price. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 176
My parents bought me a new, two-door, dark blue American Rambler in 1966. I used that car throughout high school, undergraduate then grad school. When I married in 1976, I drove it from Ohio to Vancouver, British Columbia. When my husband was transferred to the far north of B.C., near the Yukon border, we had the Rambler trucked up there. I had to have a Caterpillar battery installed so it would start in minus 35-degree temperatures. I taught my husband to drive using that car, and after the birth of my daughter, I needed a four-door car. It was a difficult decision, but I sold it to some of my Vietnamese "boat people" students so they could all use it to get their driver's licenses. It was such a sturdy, economical car. I wish I could get another one!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 176

My first car was a 1965 Ford Mustang.  Maroon with tan interior. Special edition.  My mother paid the first payment for my graduation present and the rest was mine to pay.  Really enjoyed that car.  Only paid $2,850 for it now could not touch it for $30,000.  How times have changed

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 176

A 1963 Corvair convertible...Of course it was used when I bought it but I loved it!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 176

The 62 in red!  Would have been beautiful.  My stepdad helped me buy my 62

I love red cars also. Mine was  a pale yellow. 

@maritamm wrote:
Oops!! Sorry for the duplicate posts! Working from my phone!

Was yours a hardtop?  Looked like a convertible. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 176
Oops!! Sorry for the duplicate posts! Working from my phone!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 176
Oh..... The Impala was quite a step up from what I had been driving previously...... My mom's '64 Rambler stationwagon!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 176
My first car was also a '62 Impala! My dad found it & gave me the down payment for my high school graduation in 1971. It was bright red with gorgeous chrome wheels. I drove it proudly until gas shot up to over 50 cents a gallon! An outrage!! I traded it in for a 1973 Datsun B-210, affectionately known as Dats-B-**bleep** Thing! But currently I am driving the car of my dreams, a 2005 MINI Cooper convertible! Cherry red, of course!!
Kudos
Views