From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Favorite Halloween Costumes

Message 1 of 15

I am a female that dressed up like a Mail group in the tax with a mustache at the top hat, and my partner who was a Mail dressed up as the pregnant bride in the wedding dress and all! It was an awesome couple

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

I always go as Popeye.  I already have the anchor tats on my forearms.  I wear a sailor cap and carry a corncob pipe and can of spinach. 🎶 "I’m strong to the finish cause I eats me spinach, I’m Popeye the sailor man"!  Toot-toot.🎶

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

Paper products : I used paper grocery bags & with safety pins with yarn through it I pinned  paper plates, empty toilet paper rolls & paper towel rolls too. For my hat I used paper plate with yarn through it so it stayed on my head. I Luv making weird homemade costumes. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

Many years ago two friends and I ran a race in costume.  We went as three peas in a pod and joined ourselves together with a thin rope that made us look like we were a climbing (running) vine.  One woman was sweet-pea, one was chick pea, and I had a roll of toilet tissue on my head and called myself "pee-pea".  We didn't win the race but we got lots of applause from onlookers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

I am right handed, so I put a pressure bandage on that arm and hand and put on a sling. With make-up I gave myself a black eye with red blush on the check to make it look bruised. I put a bandage on my forehead that had lipstick smeared on it to look like blood leaking through it. I smoked at the time so I would try and light my cigarette left handed and I used my left hand to lift my drink. I really had every one worried about me.....and the next day when they came in to where I worked to check up on me.....they told me I really had them believing that I had been badly hurt......which I think they would have liked to do for me fooling them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15
I went to a small, Christian college and one year they held a costume contest. Several of us wanted to participate, so we got some large black trash bags, cut out holes for our legs and arms and stuffed them with crushed newspaper. We tied them up at our necks. We blackened our faces and wore stocking caps. We held a rope between us and went as a bunch of grapes. It was good, clean fun and we won second place! 
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

It was a tradition for me to dress up and be ready for the little trick-or-treaters who came in bunches. One year, I dessed as a rabbit with a pretty good homemade constume: yellow Dr. Dentons (with feet), a powder puff as a tail, ears made out of wire coathangers and white socks to match my tail, and white gloves. I drew whiskers and a black nose with an eyebrow pencil and hopped to the door to greet the kids.

This night I was making dinner and needed an onion. I answered the door, gave out the treats, then scooted next door to my neighbor's for an onion. While she was getting one, I answered her door, and three little kids just gaped at me. One whispered, "The neighborhood's full of them!" It was the same kids I had just given treats to.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

Some years ago I was a server in a local restaurant.I dressed as a convict. Striped suit and a baseball cap from the restaurant. my hair was short so I combed it back into a boyish style. Dabbed a little beard and mustach on and voila!! As i walked in the door I heard wispers "who is that", made me laugh inside. Decided not to say anything because my voice would give me away. Everyone was stunned when they found out it was me. The best part was a gentleman sat down at the counter. I grabbed the coffee pot and went over and asked him if he would like some. He just started laughing. After he caught his breath he said "I was just thinking that, that is the most ridiculous beard I have ever seen. Now I know why" Was still laughing when he paid for his coffee. Left a nice tip too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

490761B9-4960-418B-BE96-1E62BD2EF4A8.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

The Jolly Green Giant, costume design copied off a can of JGG string beans and made by neighbor ladies, complete with pointy toe cloth footings, pointy hat, and hand made green felt leafs sewed all over body. Green dyed waist length nylons (it was mid-70’s) from my 6-1 ex-wife completed to effect.

My 6-4 and 225 pulled it off pretty weell, so much that my best friend, a 6-8 school teacher wore it to his class every year. lasted until the early 2000’s.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season