Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 51 of 72
I agree. A made bed adds to my serenity and lessens anxiety. I find myself stressing out when I see clutter. I dress nice whether I'm going out or not. Keep my house neat. All makes me feel better, helps to calm me.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 72
No I like to let it air out

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 72

Yes, every day because that is what my mother taught me to do.  The only exception is the day I wash the sheets, then I leave the mattress exposed for most of the day and make up the bed later in the day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 72

Yes, can't leave the house with it not made, "You never know when someone will have to bring you home, and find your bed not neat". Smiley Happy I heard that from my Mom when I was growing up. I know she is still looking down from heaven and I have to keep a smile on her face. Old habits are hard to break, and besides, I love coming home to a neat apartment. It's a great feeling,.

Gi Gi from Richmond, Virginia

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 72

Now that I’m retired I make my bed ALMOST every day. I have a first floor master that opens to the living room so I’m reminded to make the bed everytime I walk past that door which is about a gizillion times a day. It’s a menial thing, why aggravate myself? Well ...... I heard on Good Morning America the other day (and I’m not kidding) that made beds are among the signs of millionaires! I don’t know the other signs but if a simple made bed ticks up my chances even a mere fraction then I’m motivated to make that darn bed!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 72

Nope! I'm just going to mess it up again at night. I also cannot stand tucked in sheets, so if I made the bed every day, I'd just have to pull the sheets out at night. At bedtime, I shake my top sheets and blanket straight, fold down the corner, and get in. That's it! (I always use the do not disturb in a hotel- that way nobody is tucking those dratted covers back in!)

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 72

Absolutely.  It looks much nicer and is far nicer to crawl into a nice, neat bed.  And my cat, Zoe, likes it best if I fold the sheets back on her side of the bed so she can nap there.  Of course, if that's what Zoe wants. . . . . 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 72

I make the bed every day.  I like the neatness of it.  Also, I have cats, and the bed is not off limits to them.  I prefer they leave their fur on the bedspread instead of the sheets and pillows. >^,,^<

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 72

Yes, not because I'm a neat-nik, but because (1) I have cats and I'd rather they lie on the outside covers than inside the sheets (although sometimes they beat me to it and I can't distrub a sleeping cat...) and (2) the covers are always so tangled that I can't get into bed without making it first anyway.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 72

@catwoman500 wrote:

@Prosecco6247, Cute little motivating rhymes, Mimi! I never had that to motivate me, but  as a kid, when I had to clean my room, I always pretended that the President was coming to my house!  And that would make me do a great job. Of course back then it was Eisenhower and I would be in awe of such a man!  (Now I'd lock the doors and turn out the lights!) Cat LOL N.

Regarding your closing comment: LOL!!!

Kudos
Views