Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 41 of 72

Yes, I do. It sets the tone for the rest of the day. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 72

Yes, I do no matter what else is going on in my room , my bed is the first thing I do after morning devotion. I cannot get into and unmade bed . 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 72
Me too except I heard it from my Grandmother. Since her house is now my house, I find her reminding me all the time (in my head) to do things I sometimes would rather not.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 72

I SO agree with you!  When the bed is made, my whole house seems less cluttered, less dirty.

And there is NOTHING better than going to bed when you can slip into smoothe sheets and blanklets!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 72

I never was a conventional person. My answer to this is both yes and no. The room I sleep in is a bedroom/workshop. To keep the dust off the bed, I attached removable grommets to the sheets/covers and fastened them down with bungie cords. My bed never really gets "unmade". When I sleep, it doesn't get messed up. In the morning, I just slip out of the open side and replace the unmessed-up assembly over the the mattress. No muss, no fuss.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 72
Totally agree with you here, I do the same.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 72

Sure do!   Wouldn't go a day without it!   I have pretty bed coverings and pretty sheets, and I enjoy making my bedroom look nice.   Besides - climbing into a fresh-looking bed at night seems to help me sleep better (and heaven knows I need all the help I can get doing that!)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 72

I agree with you totaly, German born, German Bred, cant leave the house withjout making my bed.

I air out the bedding with the windows open for 1 hr or so before making it again.  i like the serenity of going to bed at night in a "made" bed.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 72

I have made my bed from the time I was a teenager. I find that it gives me a sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning and starts the day on a positive note. It also provides a clean feeling when I come home and am getting ready to go to bed. I have two grown children who do not make thier beds and their rooms are a disaster and i find it creates too much chaos for them to move effectively in the morning. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 72

Yes, I make the bed every morning.  First I flip the pillows over and pull down the sheets and blankets to let them air out while I get washed and dressed.  Then I go back to the bedroom and make the bed.  I like things looking neat - it gives me a calm feeling to see things orderly.  Also, I live on a farm and keep the windows open whenever I'm at home.  Considering that the chickens and goats are always shaking and moving around, and there's often lots of wind, I'd prefer none of that debris fly in through the window and join the bedbugs that might be on the bed.  Therefore, after airing the bed to let the bedbugs escape and the perspiration dry, I make the bed to keep the other "things"  off it. 

Kudos
Views