Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 11 of 72

When my oldest children were toddlers--17 months apart in age--life was pandemonium.  One day I had changed the sheets and made my bed, which I hadn't done regularly at all, but I realized how just one small piece of order made me feel just a touch more in control.  So, 40 years later, I still make it daily and it always give me a sense of order.  I DO let it air out for a little bit firstand wait for the sheets to be cool to the touch before making it, however.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 72

I do! It is one of the few New Year’s resolutions I have kept. It is a “gift of hospitality that I give to myself.” (Can’t remember where the quote came from.)

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 72

I make the bed every morning as soon as I wake up. I like the room to look nice and neat and I prefer to get into a freshly made bed every night.queen bed and night stands 07-2017 Bobs part of 1600 dollar set.jpgMy made bed

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 72

no

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 72

I make my bed before breakfast, if I don't do it before it drives me nuts.  I like the bedroom to be comfy, cozy & clean.  That's why I like to make the bed, plus it just makes me feel good.  

smlpkg
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 72
I make my bed every morning while Mr. Coffee is doing his thing. Then if I leave, I don't have to worry about a break-in happening and "god forbid" my bed should not be made. I wonder where I got that from. I just don't feel good about my home if the bed is not made.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 72

Yes, every morning.  After my coffee, email, shower, and breakfast.  It is a life habit.  It may or may not be true, but I believe this gives the bed some time ot "air out" for a couple of hours.  Too, I wash the sheets and pillow cases once each week.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 72
We make our bed together when hubby calls me for breakfast. That is the first thing done and it starts any day off right! It's always good to start a day with a job completed. Great way to teach a child to start the day right! We did!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 72

@bgsdaughter wrote:

Just a little addition to this!  Once my mother made the bed while my dad was still in it!

Hahaha.  Good one!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 72

Yes. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season