Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 31 of 72
Yes. I'm the same way. I love making my bed.because our parents taught me and my siblings
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 72

Yes, I make my bed every day.  First my mom taught me as a teenager and then I was in the military for 3 years.  That's when I really got into the habit.  The rest of the room can be cluttered but when the bed is made it does not look so bad.  Same with dirty dishes.  Can't stand a sink full of dirty dishes.  Once the dishes are cleaned, even if they remain in the drainer, the rest of the kitchen looks neat.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 72

Yes!  I always make my bed.  I love the sense of order.  Also, why bother to have a nice bed covering and pillows, if they are not displayed appropriately?  I love getting into a bed with smooth, tucked in sheets at night.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 72

No.  First I made my bed, perfectly, every day growing up.  I did my time.  Secondly I wake up very slowly (and take just as long to go to sleep).  I need some time with open curtains, blinds and lights as needed plus coffee to be able to function.  By then I’m ready to do other things.  Plus I get no pleasure in a made up bed at night.  I can’t stand having sheets firmly tucked in to sleep.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 72

It is something that I do automatically, although I should be "shaking and airlring it out" before make it like in the "old country" (I am from Austria). I was told you never know whom you bring home, and that rang true with my husband. When he came home with me one evening for the first time, he was amazed that the dishes were washed and the bed made ... we were married for 34 years until he passed away! :-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 72

No.  I pull back the covers to air out the bed.  Also, I use the bedroom only for sleeping and dressing, so I don't see it all day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 72

Ha!  Mine seems to do that whether I make the bed or not.  He literally does the "pull-up-the-covers-than-roll-away" move just like in the movies.  :-D

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 72

I always try to make my bed. I'm not fighting my husband for cover when we go to bed. When I don't make the bed he seems to end up with all the covers Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 72

Almost never. Got out of the habit as I got up many hours before my husband for a long time. Now we are both retired, but I haven't reaquired the habit. Kinda doubt I will now.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 72
I replied earlier, but you bring up a good point. I like buying pretty bed coverings and pillow shams, so if I didn't make up my bed, I would never see them. After I have made the bed (including the OC adjusting so that the coverlet fits just right!) I have a sense of accomplishment.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors