Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 61 of 65 (712 Views)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzLzbd-zT4

There were days when you had better make your bed, huh.
I make it but don’t care if a quarter can bounce off of it or not.
Being retired I’ve got plenty of time throughout the day to make it.
No excuse for me.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 65 (684 Views)

Yeah, I make my bed and lie in it......

Now, for the domestic kind. Not a chance. I don't know about health or accomplishment, but it makes me a bad housekeeper.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 63 of 65 (570 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I honestly can't imagine why it would be better for your health not to make your bed, although airing it out for a while, probably is a good idea.

When I was working, and out of the house at 5:30 AM, I'm not sure I made my bed every day. Now that I have the time, I do it every day except if I'm sick (very infrequently).

Maybe it's worth defining what "make your bed" means to each of us. I have a pretty quilt cover, so I just straighten that out, with matching pillows against the headboard. I don't have an extra bedspread, or additional pillows just for the effect, to fuss with.

A recent article said that leaving the covers down allows mites to dry out and die.  True ??  My grand mother always said to leave the covers down but I make my bed every day. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 65 (510 Views)

I honestly can't imagine why it would be better for your health not to make your bed, although airing it out for a while, probably is a good idea.

When I was working, and out of the house at 5:30 AM, I'm not sure I made my bed every day. Now that I have the time, I do it every day except if I'm sick (very infrequently).

Maybe it's worth defining what "make your bed" means to each of us. I have a pretty quilt cover, so I just straighten that out, with matching pillows against the headboard. I don't have an extra bedspread, or additional pillows just for the effect, to fuss with.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

Do you make your bed?

Message 65 of 65 (441 Views)

There are studies out that say it is better for your health not to and studies that say it begins your day with an accomplishment which will lead to more.  I make my bed 70% of the time, how about you?

AARPTeri