AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a resolution for 2018?

Message 1 of 28

My New Years Resolution is to get my passport and travel more.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28
@saucykicker: When you think you're falling behind, look at yourself in the mirror and have a good talk with yourself.
As for taking a village to grow old - I'm doing fine on my own, but it's fun to have the support of the village, isn't it?
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

@ip3285 Why thank you very much! I also invite you to give me a good hard kick in the you know what, if you see my will power and determination lagging!

It takes a village...not only to raise a baby, but to grow old.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28
@saucykicker: Good luck! You can do whatever you want to do - it sounds like you have lots of will power. I'm rooting for you!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

My resolution is to start taking my own self-care seriously. For me that includes more downtime, fun, and relaxation. My struggle will be how "to do" relax! I'll be eating that elephant one bite at a time.

First step is trying to remember what I actualy like to do, not what I always need to do.

I am also having to adjust to the fact that I NEED people. Six months alone in the house with a broken ankle helped me experience that need very viscerally!

So another aspect of my self-care is networking and making real connections, not work connections or volunteer connections, but genuine "feels good and natural" connections. (Although I may have to normalize or balance out those expectations a bit...will continue to ponder...coalesce)

Wish me luck!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

My resolution is to start taking my own self-care seriously. For me that includes more downtime, fun, and relaxation. My struggle will be how "to do" relax! I'll be eating that elephant one bite at a time.

First step is trying to remember what I actualy like to do, not what I always need to do.

I am also having to adjust to the fact that I NEED people. Six months alone in the house with a broken ankle helped me experience that need very viscerally!

So another aspect of my self-care is networking and making real connections, not work connections or volunteer connections, but genuine "feels good and natural" connections. (Although I may have to normalize or balance out those expectations a bit...will continue to ponder...coalesce)

Wish me luck!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28
Sorry to the guys I'm no longer there for. I really do not think you will find a taxi/limousine driver that will do what i did. So good luck in 2018!😎🌹🍀🍁🌈
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

Military Active, So there bad choice of girlfriends that's all on them! I lost 37 guys thanks to there choice of girlfriends! So maybe its a good thing I'm no longer driveing a Taxi or a limousine! Kenny A

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

I never make a Resolution!! For a stand of one way only.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

Maybe no more DUI set-up by girlfriends around town, as they allways have, later there out talking about it! On how good they can do it & get by with it! Maybe no DUI in 2018 for any guys in Military Active Kenny A

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views