Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Message 1 of 20

I pretty much feel the same way that you do.  I just have not been very lucky or I am a bad picker.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

I thought this was for Halloween until I read it all, sorry.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

I'm sorry, I didn't look close enough, I thought you were talking about Halloween.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20
When I was younger I cared but now I celebrate everyday the same and thank God I have another day
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Celebrate you!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20
I'm without a boyfriend or husband right now, but still hoping...I treated myself by getting a delicious tonkastu from Marukai Wholesale Mart today. With hot rice and a clam soup for it rained today and I got caught in it. I waited for the bus in the rain for 15 min. Some Valentine Day, huh? Anyway Happy Valentines! Staying happy no matter what!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

We no longer celebrate this day or alot of the other "holidays.". It's became more about spending money to impress others.  True love and appreciation is not based on one "special day" but every day in the smallest and most cherished ways.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

I have always ended up with Mr. not quite right.  At first Valentines Day is great.  After some time, they go out of their way to ignore me.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

If you don’t have a sweetie, what’s to celebrate?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays and yes, I celebrate it by sending cards to my husband and sons and their families, some close friends and cousins.  Some cards are emailed, but it's the thought that counts.  Valentine's day is unlike other holidays, but in a positive way. Rarely do people rush around frantically looking for gifts they feel like they "must" buy for all the names on their list.   Stores don't blast my eardrums out repetitively playing songs like "Ruldolph" or other such music   until I'm ready to run out of there screaming.  The newspaper isn't full of ads starting three months before Valentine's Day trying to entice me to buy this and that for everyone on my "list".  Valentine's Day seems peaceful, full of pinks and reds, hearts and flowers.  So what if a person isn't in a relationship at the moment.  Embrace the day for what it is - a  day to show and feel special love, even if it's toward your dog.  Buy yourself a box of chocolates or a pretty plant.  Do something special for someone who has no one.  I enjoy Valentine's Day.  I'd like to initiate an additional holiday  and call it "love everybody day".  Maybe it would catch on and we'd see more smiles and less scowls.  In the meantime, I'll enjoy all the love I can get at any time of year, even if it's just from my animals.  Love is where you find it - it's everywhere, every day if you're open to it.  I feel better even writing this email. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Kudos
Views