Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do you agree that choice of car changes as you age?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you agree that choice of car changes as you age?

There are cars now marketing to older drivers with features making it easier to get in and out of a car, blind spot warnings and more.  What do you think have you changed cars for some of these features?

AARPTeri
Contributor

Absolutely. I want a durable and economical car that looks great.
Conversationalist

k968633dCheck out the Mazda 3. Very high "fun to drive" factor and overall a very good car.

Conversationalist

To Budbilt: I don't know what your budget is, but I think you should test a VW Jetta, especially if you were to stumble onto a GLI. Check out a Golf GTI as well. Only you would know if these cars satisfy all your needs. For a little more luxury, try an Audi S4. If within your budget, try the new Civic Si or Civic R.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rladdi wrote:

It is laughable to say "chip-driven" cars can go wrong more.  This is really the sign of not being very tech oriented.  Need we go back to the hay eating animals?   

I did have a new Ford, where the chip did go wrong.  I was driving down a road.  Everything stopped. no steering, brakes, etc.  Had to have a wrecker haul it to the dealership.  And this board costs over $400. to replace, thank god for the warranty.  

But even appliances now use chips, it the coming of age, 

@rladdi Well I beg to differ (for one, @retiredtraveler was an IT guy) but for another, DH is a software engineer and our last car was ordered directly from the factory so we could avoid all the smart tech options (read: internet connections that can be hacked and which we will soon enough see being used for terror). I'd say going low tech with a new car just might be a sign of uber tech savvy. ๐Ÿ™‚

@AARPTeri DH and I are so weird: we will probably have Jeeps well into our 80s. We love 'em. (They are anything but easy to get into. A person as to climb up into one.)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

Yes, I just purchased a new car and make sure I had all the safety features to help me be safe on the road.  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP