Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Play the Lottery?

Message 2 of 33
any on line game that wants money to play is geared to make them money. Don't waist yours people, and bitcoins (perhaps should be called bitcons) are to be leary of. Protect yourself folks.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

We never play the lottery.  Potential fun far out paced by a colossal waste of money.  An acquaintance bragged that he won $500.00 in the Scratch Off Lottery game.  We asked him how much he spent.  He said that he bought a 

$5.00 ticket every week.  We then asked how long.  He thought, and then said about 4 years.  So, he spent $1,040.00 to win $500.00.  I said next time just hand us $1,040.00 and we will hand him back $500.00 anytime.  Most people totally do not understand the tax implications of winning.  Example:  Win $5,000.00 weekly for life.  Better put aside 6 months worth to pay the taxes.  Most would spend the money each week, forget to save for taxes and have to get a loan.  Pay off the loan with year 2 winnings.  Learn your lesson.  Put away enough for taxes and essentially get nothing in year 2.  Win a house and end up selling the house to pay the gift taxes.  Same with a car.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

Living in SoCal - I play the Ca Super Lotto Plus on a regular basis. I buy a ticket, playing 5 lines, for 6 draws ahead.  This way, I only have to go buy a ticket once every 3 weeks.  I usually have 1 or 2 small wins on the ticket I cash in.  Play the same numbers all the time.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

In Chicago only when it goes to 300 million, 500 million, a billion like recently and beyond. I have never actually met anyone who has one a big lottery payout so I realize it is rare, but its nice to think that we could. Its funny but 25 staff members at my job have been playing for 18 years-never won anything except 10 dollars here, 4 dollars there and small amounts like that, but they keep playing so who knows.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

Well, I played the lottery furiously during the time when the jackpots were so high.  Needless to say, I did NOT win.....a thin dime!!!!   Otherwise, I wouldn't be here writing about it.  No way!  I'd be in some hot desert spa out west, getting a hot rocks massage head to toe, and sipping on a ice, ice cold Brisk ice tea.  Smiling ear to ear at just the thought of it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

No I don't have good luck for games even as a child in the cake walk at school I won because I pushed the person in front of me to win I feel bad about that now because it was cheating but I don't play the lottery Ihave never won anything so why waste the money

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

Honestly, I very rarely play the lottery.  But when the Mega and the Powerball together reach a billion dollars like now....I will be playing for sure!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

I play the lottery regularly to supplement my lowly social security income.  That way, I can afford the good things in life!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

I don’t play the lottery, but I often buy scratch offs to stuff Christmas stockings or put in plastic Easter eggs. No one gets rich but It adds a little fun. A basket of lottery tickets is also a sure win in a charity auction, for $25-$30 you can help your favorite charity! 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users