You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Safe Driving course! Use code BELLS to save 25 percent now.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Play the Lottery?

Message 1 of 28

Well, I played the lottery furiously during the time when the jackpots were so high.  Needless to say, I did NOT win.....a thin dime!!!!   Otherwise, I wouldn't be here writing about it.  No way!  I'd be in some hot desert spa out west, getting a hot rocks massage head to toe, and sipping on a ice, ice cold Brisk ice tea.  Smiling ear to ear at just the thought of it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

No I don't have good luck for games even as a child in the cake walk at school I won because I pushed the person in front of me to win I feel bad about that now because it was cheating but I don't play the lottery Ihave never won anything so why waste the money

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

Honestly, I very rarely play the lottery.  But when the Mega and the Powerball together reach a billion dollars like now....I will be playing for sure!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

I play the lottery regularly to supplement my lowly social security income.  That way, I can afford the good things in life!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

I don’t play the lottery, but I often buy scratch offs to stuff Christmas stockings or put in plastic Easter eggs. No one gets rich but It adds a little fun. A basket of lottery tickets is also a sure win in a charity auction, for $25-$30 you can help your favorite charity! 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28
a865035r
Good Luck to you and yours. I hope you do win. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

One day I told my late husband I had found a dollar in my purse I didn't know was there and I told him I was going to paly the lottery with it. He said "Here, let me make it easy for you, hand me the dollar." I did as instructed and he said, "You Loose!" 

We had a good laugh over that one and I haven't honestly wanted to throw money away on that since then. (I let him keep the dollar too) 

I will say that my state, Pennsylvania uses the proceeds from the lottery to benifit older citizens, and that part is nice about the entrie thing. So I am not going to tell young folks not to play it. ; )

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

I've never played the lottery with my own money because I don't have money to lose and I don' t like gambling.  However, one year a fellow employee gave everyone in the office one $1.00 lottery ticket as a Christmas gift.  I took mine to the designated place to see if I'd won, and indeed I'd won $3.00.  The person at the window counted out three more lottery tickets and handed them to me.  I told her I wanted my $3.00 and she looked at me with amazement.  She said that no one ever takes the money, that they take a chance on winning more by taking the extra lottery tickets.  I took the money!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

Since I don't enjoy losing as much as I enjoy winning, I prefer to play games based on skill and intellect. As for the lottery, I consider it a voluntary tax that I don't have to pay.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

I agree that the odds are ridiculous but it’s fun to purchase, especially when the winnings are in the millions!   I don’t like gambling at all, I’m talking playing quarters in Tahoe, no free drinks for us, haha...

And I wonder what the records show for a huge group winning over a single person?  Anyhoo, remember, SOMEONE has to win, and we all have the same odds??

Kudos
Views