Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Play the Lottery?

Message 21 of 33

I don't play the lottery. I figure I could get the same end result in my checking account by rolling down my car window and throwing money out the window. Someone else would be happy to find it. But, that seems very inefficient.

Instead, like some others here, I save that money so I can invest in my retirement accounts. Except for the past week's corrections, I have done quite well with my accounts there and I know I made much more money that way than the occasional scratch-off win would have provided. 

That said, I will enter online sweepstakes (for websites where I have already chosen to share my information) but those are free. I have occasionally won something that way -- including a $10 VISA gift card from a Sprite.com drawing today!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Play the Lottery?j

Message 22 of 33

yes.  when i have a few extr dollars. but all bills are paid for first. i will win big soon!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 33

Yes Powerball and Megamillions. I know the odds are extreme but there is a little excitement in the chance of winning. Everybody dreams of living their lives without a care in the world but in reality the winnings would bring more confusion to your life. The thought of winning for me is how much good I could do for my family and being able to give back.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 33

I use to spend almost $80.00 a month on lottery tickets. Now I put that money into a mutual fund. I have over $10,000.00 in my account. More then I have ever made on the lottery and a better return !

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 33

Never bought a lottery ticket and never will.Anything supporting govt is mostly a waste,in my opinion.Hopefully others will buy and lower my taxes.Many people buying lottery tickets are low income and paying little taxes,so it is a chance for them to contribute.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 33

Yes, I play at least one a week, because one can always hope and I will always think that this might be the day for me and my family!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 33

@Epster   Were you on the Morongo Rez?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 33

Yes.  I play  the California Super Lotto Plus.  Once, every 3 weeks I buy a ticket, that is good for 6 drawings(2 per week for 3 weeks).  I do 5 lines of numbers each time.  I always use the same numbers.  When my ticket expires - I cash in for my winnings and buy a new ticket.  I usually have some winnings - from $2 to $12.  

Yes, yes - I know that in all probability - I will lose more than I will win - But - I enjoy doing this.  

:-)

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 33

I have never bought a lottery ticket. No one has ever bought one for me. And I have never won, either.

I used to get paid to hang out of a helicopter with a news minicam on my shoulder while taping riots happening on the ground. Kind of a lottery. You never really knew if you were going to survive the job. Nowadays I cross roadways on a recumbent trike and sometimes train for upcoming races on country roads. That's kind of a lottery, too: am I going to survive training in order to race?

I guess I value money more than my life. 

Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 33

I play every week when I go to the grocery store: One Powerball ticket and 3 instant scratch-offs. Most weeks nothing happens with Powerball, but a bunch of little wins on the scratch-offs. Last week I got $25 on a scratch-off. My little guilty pleasure. Cat Happy N

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors