Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Do You Play the Lottery?

Message 21 of 25

I have never bought a lottery ticket. No one has ever bought one for me. And I have never won, either.

I used to get paid to hang out of a helicopter with a news minicam on my shoulder while taping riots happening on the ground. Kind of a lottery. You never really knew if you were going to survive the job. Nowadays I cross roadways on a recumbent trike and sometimes train for upcoming races on country roads. That's kind of a lottery, too: am I going to survive training in order to race?

I guess I value money more than my life. 

Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 25

I play every week when I go to the grocery store: One Powerball ticket and 3 instant scratch-offs. Most weeks nothing happens with Powerball, but a bunch of little wins on the scratch-offs. Last week I got $25 on a scratch-off. My little guilty pleasure. Cat Happy N

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 25

I never play the lottery because I can't shake my annoying and accurate grasp of basic mathematics.

Hate has no home here.

Message 24 of 25

The Lottery..    dreams of a fortune and a life we cannot imagine?  or a big waste of money?

The last time I played a lottery was in New York City before Christmas and it was  a BIG ONE!!    Bought the tickets for my son.    Win... no.

What about you?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted

Do You Play the Lottery?

Message 25 of 25

So you hear the latest news telling you the lottery is up to $800 million..  you stop and think.. then, do you play the lottery?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith