WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Like Self-Driving Cars? Why Or Why Not?

Message 1 of 32

Too many hackers and too many things to go wrong. I will not ever have a self-driving car. It's just too easy to hack into computers and such now and I just don't believe that they'll be able to make them as secure as they need to be. And I actually like driving. I don't like riding as a passenger.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

Yes I would I think It would save lives and give humans that cannot drive access to drivability I have TBI Fibromyalgia and so on so I shouldn't drive I think that this a huge step in the right direction I would eventually like to start an air taxi service in Washington state I hopefully with God willing will be moving back home to Gig Harbor Washington To hold my daughter Ashley for the first time and meet my two beautiful grandchildren that I have been blessed with At this point I am homeless due to domestic violence and descrimination Profiling should be against the law Thank you for your time and consideration I absolutely love AARP

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 32

I like the idea but how long will it take to perfect it .

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

Yes because they save lives

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32
not yet, they can determine where I am going if I change my mind.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32
not yet
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

Only if EVERY vehcile is self-driving, otherwise we are at the mercy of those "free wheelers"...candidly i think added safety features are great, but not self driving at this point at least, maybe in 25 years...make the current vehciles much safer though.  Self driving sounds like another opportunity for car makers to increase the price of their vehciles even higher!!.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

I like the Idea. I hope to live a long time and at some point, one of many things can happen that will make me an unsafe driver. Eye site, Hearing, Failing heart, Slowing/clarity of thought. A self-driving car would allow me to retain my independence. 

Having the option to have a self-driving car will make it easier for me, a doctor, or a loved one to have me stop driving.

Also, people who never drove before or have problems with drinking, drugs could use this option and have the freedom of personal transportation without needing family or friends to drive them. This would reduce the risk to others.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

I look forward to the day they are available. I have a newer car that has built in safety equipment but am excited about the introduction of driverless cars.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32
Fewer accidents and better food,
Kudos
Views