You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Like Self-Driving Cars? Why Or Why Not?

Message 1 of 28
not yet, they can determine where I am going if I change my mind.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28
not yet
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

Only if EVERY vehcile is self-driving, otherwise we are at the mercy of those "free wheelers"...candidly i think added safety features are great, but not self driving at this point at least, maybe in 25 years...make the current vehciles much safer though.  Self driving sounds like another opportunity for car makers to increase the price of their vehciles even higher!!.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

I like the Idea. I hope to live a long time and at some point, one of many things can happen that will make me an unsafe driver. Eye site, Hearing, Failing heart, Slowing/clarity of thought. A self-driving car would allow me to retain my independence. 

Having the option to have a self-driving car will make it easier for me, a doctor, or a loved one to have me stop driving.

Also, people who never drove before or have problems with drinking, drugs could use this option and have the freedom of personal transportation without needing family or friends to drive them. This would reduce the risk to others.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

I look forward to the day they are available. I have a newer car that has built in safety equipment but am excited about the introduction of driverless cars.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28
Fewer accidents and better food,
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28
Bravo!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

I applaud the effort to move us (carefully and safely) into the next generation of self-driving cars.  Many people worry that they are not safe; I think the companies moving us towards self-driving cards need to focus on marketing explaining how dangerous it is NOT to have self-driving cards.  While accidents involving self-driving cards are tragic, killing 37,000+ Americans on the road each year is so much worse.  And it's (almost) time to change!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

I would definitely buy one if I could afford one.  I am 75 years old and in good health, but I have noticed a decline in my alertness while driving.  I am a lot slower in reaction time and adverse weather conditions seems to stress me out a lot more.  I especially dislike driving at night.  And I am becoming terrified about driving in city traffic as it seems people are wizzing all around me.  I still like the convenience of having a car at my beckoning rather than public transportation.  I just try to avoid driving in the conditions that stress me out.  I feel a lot more comfortable driving in places that I am completely familiar with and have driven many times before.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

No way, This Technology is years away from being safe for humens to trust. They need lots more work done on it.

If the car companies try to force it on the public and the actdents happen, there will all kinds of law suits. 

Kudos
Views