How can you keep your personal information safe from online scammers on the dark web? Find out on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?

Message 51 of 97

Dick

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 97

p925181m wrote:

My nickname is Patches.  I got this nickname because I have such empathy and always want to make someone better and try to patch the hurt. By nature I have the ability to feel one's aora and can usually tell if their hurting inside no matter how they try to hide it.  I simply start conversation and pray and most of them have this urge to tell me their problem and I try to patch it up, no matter what.  Most of the time just because they brought it to surface and discussed it makes them better.  I really like my nickname because it is truthful - that's me - still wanting to patch the hurt.  I love people.

What a lovely gift, and what a wonderful blessing you are! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 97

I was born in my maternal grandparent's home.  My mother decided to name me Cecilia Eyvon.  My grandfather was not at all fond of the name and said, "Ya'll can call her what you want to but I'm calling her Cindy."  It stuck and I am eternally grateful.  At the time I was born there was a bluegrass song that was quite popular that was about a girl named Cindy.  I believe this is where my grandfather got the idea and he sang the song to me all the time.  

My birth surname was Stipe and when combined with my given name it caused quite an issue when school started.  Many times teachers weren't sure how to pronounce my name.  Some of them would simply say "your initials are CES, do you know who you are?"  I would respond and ask that they call me Cindy.  Kids would call me Cecil and ask me where Beanie was.

When I started junior high some kids added an r to my surname and called me Stripper.  When my sister came to junior high two years later she was called Stripper Jr.  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 97

My nickname came from my younger cousins!!!  They couldn't say "SHERRIE" so they started calling me  "SHEDO".  Sounds like CHEETO'S, the cheese covered chip.  This nickname has been with me so long that my hubby calls me SHEDO all the time!!  Now I will tell you my hubby's nickname that my hubby has carried thru his life.  He is called "BEECHIE" and he has 2 brothers with nicknames also.  His Aunt gave them all nicknames.  His middle brother is nicknamed "PEANUTS"  he doesn't like to be called this but...I always still call him by his nickname.  His little brother is called "BOBO".  I still call him by his nickname.  LOL  When we first got married my hubby's nickname is all I knew him by, so when someone called to speak to him I would have to really think hard about his name.  Good times for sure!! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 97

At summer camp my nickname was "Ligley". I can't possibly remember why but it was fun!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 97

Pat

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 97

Yes, my first name is Lynn Ann---but when I was little (as my parents told me) I could not say my whole name so I just called myself "Nan".....so now for 78 years to my close family I am known as Nan. (and somebody in my past called me "Nanny Goat" to tease me---but I cannot remember who. However, since I was in school I have always gone by just Lynn.  The problem is I have to remember which name to sign if I send cards or presents. And my maiden name was Norwegian and was Soppeland so I got teased a lot and made fun of.....so I said I was going to marry someone with just a simple name like Johnson or Nelson. Instead I married my husband who was from Greece---his name was Assimacopoulos and it took me a while to learn how to spell it and to this day I and all my children always have to spell it out for everybody we talk to!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 97

My given name is Dennis, I am a red headed, blue eyed pale skin person, however I was 5'11" and in school I weighed about 200 lbs., weight lifter, football player  (middle guard), hot tempered brawler at times.  Guys began to call me Moose and sometimes Hoss (after the charater in the Bonanza TV series). The reason I was never a ball handler was that I enjoyed hitting too much and I would try to run over tacklers. Myself and my closet friend in school from grammar school through high school, always hated bullies and we always stepped in to stop them.  Sometimes we would make them go through shock treatments or minor crainial adjustments! Those small groups of miscreants kept a wide berth after a few years.  Guess I got that from my Dad, protecting the underdog, who was a Cop.  The nickname carried into my career as a Police Officer, mostly out of fun.  I am nearly 70 now and I hear my nickname very rarely anymore.  But when I do, those memories flood back!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 97

The women I know refer to me as Big 2Papa but we won’t get into why.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 97

Tough as Mike Hammer too! 

Kudos
Views