Fitness Expert Denise Austin Shares her Biggest Barrier to Staying Fit! What are Your Barriers to Exercising?

Info Seeker

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?

Message 31 of 97

My youngest son Trevor James, for no reason he could give called me Henry instead of Mom when he was a little boy. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 32 of 97

My mother gave me the name Dodie which she stated was a nickname for Dolores, I never thought that was true. Also I lived on Dean St., Bklyn one of the Brown family siblings gave me the nickname Tiny because I was small and very young looking for my age but just as old as they were.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 97

When I was born my last name was Baer, so my father decided to call me Teddybaer.  There were people who never knew that Teddy wasn't my real name.  I left the nickname behind when my father died. Since then my favorite nickname was given to me by the beautiful girl that joined our family when my younger son married her mother - my new granddaughter called me MawMaw. Now, at age 24 she still calls me that and I love it.  In not too long I'm taking on a nickname of my choosing.  It'll be "Herbdoc" when I finish my PhD in botanical medicine very soon.  However, I'll never give up the MawMaw nickname, or the Mom that my sons call me.  What's in a name? Depends on the source!

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 97

Nicknames abound in my family... at school, because little of nothing seemed to phase me, and I never seemed to get riled, my classmates nicknamed me "Shucks"... my youngest child is "Smurf", her sister is "Jellybean", and their older brother is "FMTWR" (which stands for Fat Matt, the water rat)

Conversationalist

Message 35 of 97

In middle school until freshman year in high school, my nickname was Moose (I am a female.)  At first I hated it but then I realized I earned it!  Kids called me that because I was the fastest, strongest, best hitter, thrower, runner in the school to include boys.  I still have awards at the middle and high school to this day.  One is for longest shot-put throw ever!

Now in adulthood, my boss and good friend tagged me as HunnyBun (embarrassing). It happened when we all went to lunch one day and the server called me HunnyBun. "And what would you like HunnyBun?"   Kinda funny actually.  My boss thought it was hysterical.  Hence, the nickname.

~Sharon~
Info Seeker

Message 36 of 97

About 22 years ago, during my last semester in college, I volunteered for one of the early sports "e-zines." My university email address was gdgambz1@louisville.edu. One day, on a lark, somebody who was a fan of the zine called me "Gambz."  (He said it "just flowed out of him.") Since then, classmates, co-workers, bosses, landlords, etc. have called me Gambz. My fantasy football team name is "Silence of the Gambz."

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 97

I was named Jewel when I was 12 by a friend that is like a brother to me. For years, he was the only one allowed to call me Jewel. When I became a human rights activist, I mostly went by FemAnon.

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 97

It's Dee Dee.  When my younger sister was learning to talk, it was the closest she could get to Vicki. 

ls5
Info Seeker

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME? Heyu

Message 39 of 97

Yes honey bear my dad gave it to me because he said I had a heart as big as a bear and I was always sticking up the other kids getting into trouble just like bears r drawn to honey! Lol he was right I was a scrapper when I was little he also taught me the saying stick and stones my break your bones, but words can never harm you! That took me awhile to learn but that he was rt about too. 

Info Seeker

Message 40 of 97

Cookie!  Because, they tell me, as a child I'd take about a 1/2 dz. chocolate chip cookies and put them in a coffee cup filled maybe 1/2 way with milk, and create a cookie stew.  It's the only way mom could get milk into me!