Today, 1 in 7 Seniors Live in Poverty -- AARP Foundation is Fighting to End Senior Poverty. Read More.

Info Seeker

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?

Message 21 of 97

LOL!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 97

Yes, it's Legs and I've had it since 8th grade when I scored the highest leg strength in physical fitness tests in our State. ... probably because I had done Ballet since I was 5. But at 87 the nickname "Legs" takes a lot of explaining.

Info Seeker +

Message 23 of 97

For years, my father had the nickname of Pappy.  After he died in 1990, I assumed the nickname of Pappy to honor my father.

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 97

mich

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 97

Veronica is my nickname. I always hated my name, Ronni, since everyone assumes that I am a guy so I tell people that they can call me by my nickname, Veronica. Not everyone gets my joke.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 97

MICH

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 97
I use to call my MoM, Henry. That's incredible!
Info Seeker +

Message 28 of 97

Yes, I do TWIGGY  my cousin's  from the west side of Cleveland. Gave me that name & it has stuck!. I am a thin person & always have been . I was waiting for a bus in downtown Cleveland & I heard TWIGGY being called & looked around & one of my guy cousins was on the bus calling me.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 97

Yep, it's Bird, named because a ex boyfriend thought I moved around fast and all the time like some finch birds that I had, that was over 40 years ago and people still call me Bird, even my children 😀

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 97

My nickname came from the fact that I always smile and am in a joyful mood, it is "sunshine". By the way, my first name means "light" in Spanish)!)