Caring for a loved one? Find a part-time job that fits your schedule. Search the AARP Job Board.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?

Message 61 of 97

I don't really have a true nickname, but people always mispronounce my name.  When I am introduced or introduce myself, I tell the person my name is Cherre as in the berry!  That's because people called me Sherry (wrong!).  I guess the confusion stems from the fact my parents used "e" instead of "y" at the end of my name.  My brother's name is Richard but he got the nickname "Pickles" because he loved pickles (still does!).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 97

My proper first name is Bernard.  I have blone hair and while the girls of 1st grade liked it, the boys teased me about it.  I was always getting in fights about it.  This was back in the days when corporal punishment was allowed.  Well, I had just gotten in a fight and we were both sent to the principal - again.  I was sent in to his office first, and got my three swats on the butt.  Before I got out of his office he made a comment about I was as bad as the character in his new book, Mike Hammer.  Got to the outer office and the kid I had hit smarted off and said ya ay so you are Mike Ha.  He didn't finish my last name of Hammer when I slammed him right there in the office.  Secretary just pointed to the principals door for me again.  He said, Well Mike, I see you are back.  This time I got 4 swats.

Called myself Mike since then

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 97

My two youngest grandsons call me MiMi. It makes me think about Mimi on the old Drew Carey show!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 97

Friends called me Bushy. I had long curly hair and a matching beard. Now I’m bald, but the oldest friends still call me that name.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 97

My nickname is Patches.  I got this nickname because I have such empathy and always want to make someone better and try to patch the hurt. By nature I have the ability to feel one's aora and can usually tell if their hurting inside no matter how they try to hide it.  I simply start conversation and pray and most of them have this urge to tell me their problem and I try to patch it up, no matter what.  Most of the time just because they brought it to surface and discussed it makes them better.  I really like my nickname because it is truthful - that's me - still wanting to patch the hurt.  I love people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 97

Over 40 years ago when I had a huge (and I mean huge) Zit on my chin, my sister's boyfriend nicknamed me Zelda -- (for Zelda Zit), and it has stuck ever since.  Every so often my son or someone in my family will call me Zelda.  I like to think of her as bold and magnanimous and adventurous.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 97

I have two Nick Names when I was a Teenager. One was Taff and the other one was Rob The Robber.  I don't know why they picked Taff but with Rob The Robber I was able to sneak up to my friends without them noticing me right beyond them.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 97

My name is Kathleen. Some people call me Miss Kitty but mostly Kate

Kudos