Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Climb a Tree!

Message 1 of 2

I was a tree climber.

Once, I climbed a tree that was so tall, that my view was, (of all the tops of the trees), above the highest of the canopy of the entire forest.

I could only sit there.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Climb a Tree!

Message 2 of 2

My parents took the family to Yellowstone park for a summer vacation.  The park had a numerous  amount of bears and my father wanted to give us tips what to do, if we see a bear. He told us to line up and said, " now kids if you see a bear, I want you to climb a tree"! He was in the military, so he was pacing back and forth like a Sargent while giving us kids the instructions.  We tried to get his attention, but he was firm into telling us to climb a tree, so we pointed up toward the tree and there was a mama bear and her two cubs sitting in the tree! My daddy looked up and said, " As God is my secret judge, I didn't know bears could climb trees"! We still laugh about that adventure to this day! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.