Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cheating death as a hobby (of sorts)

Message 1 of 3

@g28834s wrote:

As the title suggests, our family has a nasty habit of cheating death. From my grandfather surviving WWI as a tunneler, to my old man, may he rest in peace, blowing holes in rotten low-pressure gas lines (he was a welder), to me bouncing around in bar ditches from a motorcycle wreck, to my own kid falling asleep at the wheel (again) and rolling his truck three times. Wanna see his head? It's pretty gnarly...

He also broke his left shoulder blade. He's OK, though, picking up a new Dodge truck as we speak. Supposed to start a new job next week, too. I told him he really needs to knock it off. Pop lived to the ripe old age of 81 & died of natural causes in his sleep. My old man died of a heart attack at 53, in a hole in the ground, welding am 8" valve on a high-pressure line in the middle of summer, in Houston. Katy EMS stole his brand-new Red Wings boots...momma was fit to be tied. I've had three heart attacks already, so I've been kinda taking it easy. I'm 60; I've only used up probably four of my lives. The kid just turned 40, and sure'nuff has a guardian angel watching after him. He's probably on his 6th life now. And he's got three boys...I hope this sh*t stops here.

@g28834s You have a rather hardheaded lad there. LOL. And some sturdy genes, it seems. Cheating death is a pretty good hobby. In your case it may be in the genes, eh? May you and yours continue to cheat death ... until the bitter end. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cheating death as a hobby (of sorts)

Message 2 of 3

I'm not sure what point you're making, but we all know that death wins in the end, and it works on its own schedule .. not ours.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Cheating death as a hobby (of sorts)

Message 3 of 3

As the title suggests, our family has a nasty habit of cheating death. From my grandfather surviving WWI as a tunneler, to my old man, may he rest in peace, blowing holes in rotten low-pressure gas lines (he was a welder), to me bouncing around in bar ditches from a motorcycle wreck, to my own kid falling asleep at the wheel (again) and rolling his truck three times. Wanna see his head? It's pretty gnarly...

head.jpgHard-headed kid

He also broke his left shoulder blade. He's OK, though, picking up a new Dodge truck as we speak. Supposed to start a new job next week, too. I told him he really needs to knock it off. Pop lived to the ripe old age of 81 & died of natural causes in his sleep. My old man died of a heart attack at 53, in a hole in the ground, welding am 8" valve on a high-pressure line in the middle of summer, in Houston. Katy EMS stole his brand-new Red Wings boots...momma was fit to be tied. I've had three heart attacks already, so I've been kinda taking it easy. I'm 60; I've only used up probably four of my lives. The kid just turned 40, and sure'nuff has a guardian angel watching after him. He's probably on his 6th life now. And he's got three boys...I hope this sh*t stops here.

Kudos
Views
Replies