Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

bm95916099

I've worked in the medical field for many years.  I would care for young and old.  I would see their lives develop from school graduations, engagements, weddings, babies and so on.  One little boy named Cooper was a regular in our office would sit with me while his mother was being seen by the doctor.  We would color, play cards or trucks.  Whatever he would bring in to share.  One day he carefully carried in a beautiful star made of various colored melted crayons.  I had never seen anything like this.  It was a gift for me!  He was so proud when I hung it on my office wall.  He would check each visit to see if it was still there.  On my final day before my retirement I took it down remembering all our fun times together.  It now sits on my computer desk where I can reflect on a little boys giving heart...

Comments
cs21198388
We cared for our youngest son at home after he was placed on a ventilator. Cy had Duchene Muscular Dystrophy and he passed away at the age of 29. I was grieving and trying to prepare for his memorial service when the mother of a former cub scout and school mate of my son's knocked on my door and asked what she could do for me. I had a box of pictures gathered for the memorial service. Susan came in and cleaned up the photos for me as well as cleaned my house. I was so grateful for her act of kindness when I needed it the most! I will NEVER forget her act of kindness!
mr9670
Kindness can expand your heart
cm6267703
You reminded me of the time I volunteered at my son's pre-order class. A year later, one of the children spotted me when I was feeling down in an elevator and ran up and hugged me saying how much she missed me! The mom said hi...sorry, but I just smiled and said it was okay.. my day just got better.
cm6267703
You reminded me of the time I volunteered at my son's preschool class. A year later, one of the children spotted me when I was feeling down in an elevator and ran up and hugged me saying how much she missed me! The mom said hi...sorry, but I just smiled and said it was okay.. my day just got better.
al1168
I randomly take in displaced and homeless men or women I meet. I am not rich by any means but I have always had a spirit of brotherly love and compassion. I once had a large winter coat for a man. I was given to me. It was blisterly cold out in Chicago one year! I saw an older man. A vet in this really thin jacket. He asked me for change. I gave him what all I had but, also something more. I asked him if he'd like a coat? He said, "What?" I told him the Lord wanted me to give him a coat. He followed me to my apartment building. I ran up to my apartment. Grabbed the coat and it was a perfect fit! The man left in tears after promising to not sell it! It was a gift from God to never give up! Miracles did happen.
m907706g

As a random act, I put my life on the line by helping push a car out of an intersection today.

AARP Terms of Service