From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

bs5958

After a dental appointment at the University at Buffalo Dental School, I went to my car and realized I locked my keys in my car.  I called AARP Roadside Assistance and was promised someone would be there within the hour.  A man passing by asked me if I was one of the dental students.  I laughed and said no, but I had locked my keys in my car and was waiting for a someone to come and unlock my door.  It was around 11 am...cool but comfortable.  He asked me if I needed anything and I asked if he had any water.  He said he did but it was a bottle he was drinking. I laughed again and said thanks anyway.  While waiting, I started walking around the lot to get some exercise.  About a half an hour passed.  Finally a truck arrived and I then realized it wasn't the Roadside Assistance van but the same gentleman bringing me a McDonald's lunch.  I even had a choice.  I choose the hamburger and fries plus some water.  What an angel.  He drove off after I profusely thanked him.  I wish I had his name and address so I could thank him with a thank you card.  I continued walking for another 15 minutes all the while eating my lunch from this benefactor. 

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service