AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: we must unite as Americans.

Message 61 of 76

I think we are beyond hope of uniting if we can't even agree to accept science. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 76

@xrepub wrote:

When I first saw the we must unite post, I thought it might mean that we should treat other Americans with respect. We should not treat black or brown or white people poorly. We should not treat Christians or Jews or Muslims or members of other religions poorly. We should not treat gays or straights or transgender people poorly. 

Upon further thought, I don't think that is what the poster meant. What did she mean?

She means we must fall in line behind Der Trumper has he  marches off the cliff.

(you were speaking rhetorically,right?)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 76

What does it mean?  Hmmmm.......maybe what the 'locker room mysogynist' has in mind when he says, :"....when rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." What else could it mean?  Think about it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 76

@WebWiseWoman—Poster says we must unite. After election, all POTUS’s say same. trump said same, then divided country politically, racially, religiously, and politically. trump not only great dictator—but also great divider. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 76

Can we dumb this down for me, please?

My reading: It seems the majority of responses are not supporting our current POTUS.

If I'm not reading correctly, please let me know (in 240 characters or less please? remember, I need this dumbed down).

Rough year for dummy here in Las Vegas, so thanks for your understanding and any response.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 76

After each election, there is a call to put the election behind us, and unite as one. trump said it, but it must have been a line in his prewritten script, for he is a monumental divider.

Put the election behind?  This fool continues to live in the past and leads his ridiculous base there as well, as he bemoans Mrs. Clinton and just how terrible those in law enforcement are because they KNOW he is the criminal rather than she and are working toward proving it to all.

Further, he has divided people,  not only politically, but by gender, race, and religion.  

There will be no unity until trump has been removed—no longer able to disgrace this country or drive further division between her people.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

I saw this post which I considered to be foolish: 

Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans.

Does the poster think that before the elections are over we should not unite as Americans?

What does the poster thinks the phrase  "unite as Americans means"?

It is a mystery to me.

Making "I am an American" more important than "I am a Republican" or "I am a Democrat" - and certainly more important than "missing the ex-President" or concerns about who the President's wife wakes up with each day might be a good start.

Dead wrong.

The republican party has been a criminal conspiracy with the intent to act against the best interests of the majority of Americans - and has openly been doing so ever since Nixon.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 76

@xrepub wrote:

When I first saw the we must unite post, I thought it might mean that we should treat other Americans with respect. We should not treat black or brown or white people poorly. We should not treat Christians or Jews or Muslims or members of other religions poorly. We should not treat gays or straights or transgender people poorly. 

Upon further thought, I don't think that is what the poster meant. What did she mean?

What you say in your first para is true and we should do that. I would say most Americans live up to that. Up until a few years ago we could unite as Americans before and after elections. Where I lived we had people run as a Reb. when they were a Dem and the reverse. Party switching was done all the time as both parties were near the  center and had America at heart. That started to change a little with Nixon but it was both parties who got him out. A few years ago we saw the start of a group of far right start to become very active (Tea Party) and unite was something they would not do. Sadly they have become more powerful and taken over the Reb. party. They found a leader in Trump who all his life has been a very bad actor and used everyone he could for his own good. He was a dem., but never got very far, so became a Reb. and found a group waiting for him with open arms. The far right. Trump was always far right as he ran everything he owned as a dictator, and the Reb. group was easy to fit in to that mold. To everyone surprise Trump was elected. We now had a President who had always run his business as a  dictator, and he follows what he has always done as Pres of the US. Only one problem  that does not work. Well he could change or he could change the US to his model. He has chosen the latter as we see by what he is doing. It is just now we see more and more people in the news media realize this and start to sound the alarm. His followers will accept a dictator as a leader since it does not require any real work from them. Just follow orders.

We now have two really different parts of the American people and with totally different views. I do not see these two group uniting. It has never happened anywhere else in the world when the far right became a force. Our country was born by people breaking free of a far right govt. (king). Sadly for us to unite again as one the far right has to return to fringe status as it was until the last 15 years or so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 76

This has usually been said by those who would not support the previous President at all and now expect everyone to support the current President since they support him. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 76

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22