AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: we must unite as Americans.

Message 11 of 76

As a loyal American who believes in Democracy, the free enterprise system, and open government, I would love to unite with those who believe in different policy approaches.  Health care, gun control, helping the poor, education are some of the things I would love to see as common goals. 

I keep asking "what is your vision for xxxxx" and I hear crickets. Actually, what I hear is "Just don't have a program where the gob'ment has control". OK, then what is your alternative.  I would point to programs successfully running in many other countries as examples but conservatives can't seem to articulate how to replace systems we all agree are broken. How do you come together with someone who has no idea what they want? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 76

People often think that the stock market reflects the economy of the United States as a whole. This isn’t true! Roughly only 20 percent of the population of the United States is deeply invested in the stock market. Therefore, the gains being seen sre not felt by the majority of the population. Oh, And guess who most of who that about 20 percent of the population consist of – – you guessed it – – the rich.

One reason people can’t stop obsessing over Hillary is because the idiot in chief brings her up on a day-to-day basis. Probably better that then deal with the reality that the Mueller  investigation is getting ever closer to the White House. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 76

I have a theory as what unites Americans - the economy.

Example:

Over the past 50 years the Democrats have had a problem getting more than 50% of the vote - since 1968. Only one Democratic Presidential Candidate received more than 50% over the past 5 decades - Barack Obama.

He was popular, likable, and had a vision - a national healthcare program. Unfortunately, many voters perceived the ACA / ObamaCare to be somewhat different than it turned out to be. 

But there was also something else that helped propel him into the White House - 8 years of Bush and the worst economic disaster of our lifetime.

But, after 8 years of Obama, with Hillary as his Sec'y of State, in 2016 the Dems fell back to their normal numbers (49%). 

If the economy doesn't show noticable improvement while the Republicans are in charge, Dems will do very well in 2018. If the economy doesn't turn around for most Americans by 2020, the Dems will then rule.

James Carville: "The economy, stupid."

Carville's original phrase was meant for the internal audience of Clinton's 1992 campaign workers as one of the three messages to focus on, the other two messages being "Change vs. more of the same" and "Don't forget health care."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not certain it would work, but I am certain allowing nazis, KKK and White Supremacists like those anchoring Fox programs to lie without any restrictions is destroying America.

Now newspeople you disagree with are nazis, Kluxers, and White Supremacists. 

Further and further out there on the radical fringe.

By the way, did you mean Foc news?  NAW!!!!!! they are not radical news station. Naw!!!! they  are not..

Call them "Foc" if you want but I was specifically referring to "any" news source that disagrees with the radical left wing agenda.

Hey, Investors' Business Daily has been attacked here for publishing something other than "Trump sucks".

Investor's Business Daily wrote that the internationally renowned scientist Steven Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the UK, where the (British) National Health Service (NHS) would say that the life of this brilliant man, because of his handicaps is essentially worthless"   

Steven Hawking has always lived in the United Kingdom.

Hawking said, "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS. I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

Quite obviously, Investor's Business Daily has an extreme conservative bias that makes most of it's conclusions irrational and untrustworthy...

IBD is "ok" for number crunching and market reporting, but otherwise is only suitable - as the British put it - for use as bum fodder(toilet paper - for the marginally literate conservatives/republicans who are reading this)...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

we must unite as Americans.

Message 15 of 76

As I stated previously, some people are obsessed with Hillary and can't put her out of their mind. Why can't they move on?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 76

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"Had Hillary graciously retired from the scene after her defeat she probably would have been let be."

I'm LOL again! These posts about her are so entertaining. Many Trump Lovers are obsessed with Hillary. They followed 8 or 9 Republican led investigations of Hillary with zero charges being placed which led to a certain level of depression in Hillary haters. They cannot live a normal life unless there's yet another investigation of HRC in the works. Face it, they need her so badly. There would be a huge void in their lives without someone investigating that woman. 

Note: I don't like Hillary and think she was a horrible candidate, but it's time to put her in the archives and move on.

Does that mean you agree with or disagree with the comment, "Had Hillary graciously retired from the scene after her defeat she probably would have been let be."???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 76

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not certain it would work, but I am certain allowing nazis, KKK and White Supremacists like those anchoring Fox programs to lie without any restrictions is destroying America.

Now newspeople you disagree with are nazis, Kluxers, and White Supremacists. 

Further and further out there on the radical fringe.

By the way, did you mean Foc news?  NAW!!!!!! they are not radical news station. Naw!!!! they  are not..

Call them "Foc" if you want but I was specifically referring to "any" news source that disagrees with the radical left wing agenda.

Hey, Investors' Business Daily has been attacked here for publishing something other than "Trump sucks".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 76

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans have used this to destroy Democracy with their Propaganda ministry led by Fox and supported by Hate Radio.

Funny how that works.  If you ask any Conservative, they would tell you the same story about CNN and MSNBC - hate TV (not at all "fair and balanced").

As I said in my post below you can not have a united people when you have the far right in power. That has never happened in the last 200 years. Our country was formed by people rising up against a far right government (king). The far right have always destroyed everything they have touched. Sadly today the far right is the Reb. party as they took it over totaly with Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 76

@Richva wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

I have no preference - I just want to make sure that IF a new system is devised that people understand exactly what they are getting and perhaps what they might be losing.

We make outcomes public too especially in Medicare - how many people check those outcomes?

Well, there we go.  We could use a Canadian style with some reporting. 

Actually, a program started last year called the "Core Quality Measurement" Collaborative is suppose to centralize and standardize the reporting across many area of health care, both public and private.

CMS - Core Measures Overview

Article in Forbes about it:

Forbes 02/16/2016 - Medicare, Commercial Insurers Agree On Uniform Health Quality Measures

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 76

@GailL1 wrote:

I have no preference - I just want to make sure that IF a new system is devised that people understand exactly what they are getting and perhaps what they might be losing.

We make outcomes public too especially in Medicare - how many people check those outcomes?

Well, there we go.  We could use a Canadian style with some reporting. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22